Options

Easter 2007 New Hampshire trip!

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited April 14, 2007 in Journeys
I am currently up here in New Hampshire visiting my mom and step dad. Here's a few pics a shot today of a cool builing on a river, and some maple syrup (famous stuff up here!) its really cold up here!
anyways, ill update this post with more pics as i take them.
thanks for looking!
theo
Putney General Store
142584881-L.jpg
Syrup!
142584916-L.jpg
Syrup part II
142584960-L.jpg
**UPDATE**
A few more, one of a wild turkey walking through our backyard this morning!
142584804-L.jpg
142585017-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    p27rpy wrote:
    I am currently up here in New Hampshire visiting my mom and step dad. Here's a few pics a shot today of a cool builing on a river, and some maple syrup (famous stuff up here!) its really cold up here!
    anyways, ill update this post with more pics as i take them.
    thanks for looking!
    theo
    Putney General Store
    Syrup!
    Syrup part II

Hi Theo, those are very colourful shots :D
    Have a nice time........ and I love Maple Syrup nod.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Love the first shot clap.gif

We had Maple Syrup on our Pancakes this morning rolleyes1.gif I must say though, the syrup I had in Canada was the best ever.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    thanks yall! i just found out that i came all the way up here hoping to see a snowfall, and was told that it snowed in nacogdoches, texas (where i go to school) last night! hasnt snowed here yet though...what are the odds of that?!

thanks for the comments!

theo
  • Options
    fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    p27rpy wrote:
    thanks yall! i just found out that i came all the way up here hoping to see a snowfall, and was told that it snowed in nacogdoches, texas (where i go to school) last night! hasnt snowed here yet though...what are the odds of that?!

thanks for the comments!

theo

My fav is the first shot!
    Nice job!

frank
    dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
    We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Second syrup is the best! Makes me want a waffle.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Agree with everyone on the first shot. It's very dreamy looking. You have great rich colors on all your images. What's the secret?
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Agree with everyone on the first shot. It's very dreamy looking. You have great rich colors on all your images. What's the secret?

not much really, just personalized white balance, and LOTS of post processing!

theo
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007
    here's a couple more i took. just got home, so there might be more tomorrow if i get around to it...
    thanks for looking!
    theo
    Nice Waterfall
    142584363-L.jpg
    Happy Easter!
    142584290-L.jpg
    Cool Covered Bridge
    142584251-L.jpg
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I really like the post process in the first shot and the tractor shot. I was going to say the first shot is a puzzle worthy shot but then I looked closer. In the bottom rt the picture is very blurry like motion movement. Were you driving when you took this or is it post process blur?

Just curious why that area is so blurry compared to the rest of the image. Think it detracts a little bit from a great shot. Just my opinion though. :D
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I really like the post process in the first shot and the tractor shot. I was going to say the first shot is a puzzle worthy shot but then I looked closer. In the bottom rt the picture is very blurry like motion movement. Were you driving when you took this or is it post process blur?

Just curious why that area is so blurry compared to the rest of the image. Think it detracts a little bit from a great shot. Just my opinion though. :D

yeah, i know exactly what you're talking about. when i was creating the image (it was 5 of the same picture taken at different exposures) there was a bit of camera shake. i forgot to select "align images" when i was merging them, and it came out a little blurry on the edges like that. i tried it again, and it wasnt blurry, but i forgot the exact inputs i did in posr processing to get that look; it never would come out the same!

so i can make another, but i just like the processing on that one so much, i decided "oh well".

thanks for looking!
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    1st one's cool, but too much pp; same with the last one, but all your other shots look great, nice work! =)
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.