Adobe Elements for MAC...

W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited April 8, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi All,

Since moving to a MAC last year I have gotten by with just Aperture to work with. While I love Aperture for organising and touching up my images I am really missing the power of Photoshop. Now, I didn't use it much, and was far from an experienced user, but what I did use it for was to run actions to add borders to some of my images. This is what I want to do again.

I don't really want to run windows on my MAC (I feel like if I do I should have paid half the price for a PC :rolleyes ) and load Photoshop that way so I was looking up Adobe Elements.

It seems that Adobe Elements for the MAC is only up to version 4 (windows is up to 5, I think).

Questions:
1. Is Adobe for MAC version 4 worth buying or is there a new version around the corner?

2. Does Adobe for MAC version 4 handle RAW images?

Anything else I need to know?

Cheers,
W00DY

Comments

• W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Ok, so I was lazy and didn't do a search before posting the above :D

So it looks like there will be NO PSE 5 for the MAC :cry

So my next question:

What program am I best to go with (fairly $$$ effective of course) if all I want to do is add borders, convert to B&W (if better than Aperture) etc... I am not into changing my images dramatically (like dropping in a new sky, things like that) but I do like to experiment with filters etc...

Any advise?

Cheers.