Lps #3

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited April 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, I have several shots I am considering for LPS#3. I have one entered in the entry thread, but I am not sure it is my best choice.

I am approaching it from the picturesque side.

The picture I have entered is this one.

141670828-M.jpg

I think it is quaint, but I am not sure it hits the mark. I have a similar shot that is cropped a little off of the bottom, but I am not sure it works any better.

141996663-M.jpg

I was also considering these two water shots.

141643176-M.jpg

142000981-M.jpg

Any thoughts or commments would be very helpful.

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    I really like the 2 water ones, though the sticks are distracting
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Well Brian, I absolutely adored the shot you entered, but then you go and post the dreamy water shots.

So I think either #1, just as you've already posted or #3 of the waterfall. However, I suggest cropping the water shot on the right side - even maybe look at a square crop?????? And cloning out the twig in the water.

Gorgeous stuff, Brian.

ann
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Hi Brian,

Basically I agree with Ann, though I think on balance that if I were you I would stick with the one you entered which to me hits the mark just fine. I like it much better than the cropped version because the fence is a real part of the story of the picture. As for the water photos, they are very pretty and beautifully photographed, but for me they lack that something extra that makes me want to know more about the scene. So, for what it is worth, I think you should stick with #1. Whatever you choose, really nice work. clap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Hi , I think the one you entered is the best. IMHO this fits the catagory and is a beautiful shot.

Jill
    Jill
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    JillG wrote:
    Hi , I think the one you entered is the best. IMHO this fits the catagory and is a beautiful shot.

Jill

I agree. The others are beautiful but the current entry really nails picturesque. There's something about the countryside, the fence, the weatherbeaten building that fit the connotation of the theme very well. Nice shot!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Hard to choose. I really like the one you entered--I definirely thought picturesque when I saw it. However, I like the next to the last water one as well--I would PS out the stick on the left. Sorry I'm not more decisive.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • hugzhugz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Really love the water shots
    where are they taken?clap.gif
  • amy wilburnamy wilburn Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Your little country scene IS very picturesque...but I, too, basically agree with Ann. I have to tell you that I normally practically loathe waterfall scenes (maybe a clue right there that my opinion is not to be trusted? who doesn't like waterfalls?). But your pics are beautiful, soft (I'm partial to soft) and dreamy.