Options

Bolsa Chica Preserve

TelecorderTelecorder Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited April 17, 2007 in Location, Location, Location!
For those in or coming to southern California, a great up-close birding site is the Huntington Beach Preserve on the PCH. For those who haven't tried linking their SmugMug Galley pictures to Google Earth... it really is a kick...

The below image was taken at sunset here with my D50 & handheld Bigma 50-500...
http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoAlbum&Data=2583304

136108324-L.jpg
Telecorder (Dave)
Apple Valley, CA
D50-BIGMA-70-300VRII-35f2D-18-70DX-FZ30
My SmugMug Image Galleries
My Nikonian Image Galleries

Comments

• Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    Thanks so much for the map! I have walked the rserve before, its a long distance for me to walk with gear, and was thinking a bike with a basket, or parking nearer so the 3 miles one way can be shorter.

Can you give me the url to the original map so I can do larger screen shots for printing? Is it google you used? thanks alot.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    Thanks so much for the map! I have walked the rserve before, its a long distance for me to walk with gear, and was thinking a bike with a basket, or parking nearer so the 3 miles one way can be shorter.

Can you give me the url to the original map so I can do larger screen shots for printing? Is it google you used? thanks alot.

There is a parking lot in the middle of Bolsa Chica Wetlands off PCH, right at the bridge which spans the water. The bridge is probably the best place to shoot.

Bolsa Chica is between Warner to the north and Golden West to the South.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 15, 2007
  • Options
    TelecorderTelecorder Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    As others have indicated..
    Netgarden wrote:

One can use the zoom slider on the left of the linked Google image to zoom out for a larger view and can also click on the 'MAP' link in the upper right corner to display a street map for determining the location of the parking lot where the bridge walkway is located...
    Telecorder (Dave)
    Apple Valley, CA
    D50-BIGMA-70-300VRII-35f2D-18-70DX-FZ30
    My SmugMug Image Galleries
    My Nikonian Image Galleries