Easiest way around this?

emilyzaemilyza Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited April 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have, in the past, expressed a desire to have essentially two passwords for an album... I have a password-protected Smugmug site, and sometimes want to show an album to someone who I don't want to have access to the entire site, so I would love an additional password for that album that would allow that person to access the album, and also allow all my other visitors (with full access) the ability to see that album without entering an additional password.

Since this is something that can't be done with SM, I'm figuring my only way around this is to create a duplicate album, which will be a PITA! Any other ideas or suggestions? Is there any easy way to create a duplicate album?

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    emilyza wrote:
    I have, in the past, expressed a desire to have essentially two passwords for an album... I have a password-protected Smugmug site, and sometimes want to show an album to someone who I don't want to have access to the entire site, so I would love an additional password for that album that would allow that person to access the album, and also allow all my other visitors (with full access) the ability to see that album without entering an additional password.

Since this is something that can't be done with SM, I'm figuring my only way around this is to create a duplicate album, which will be a PITA! Any other ideas or suggestions? Is there any easy way to create a duplicate album?

The only way that I can think of doing this is to have the actual gallery as being Private, but not password protected, and to have two separate password-protected gallery redirects to that gallery.

This isn't ideal, since it means that the gallery itself will not be password protected, so your visitors will be able to pass the URL on to other parties. (That being said, they could just as easily pass the password on to other parties...)

The above trick requires you to be a Power User or Pro.
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Smugtools Gallery Copier worked wonders for me.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35684&highlight=Gallery+Copier
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke