fire alarm

DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited April 12, 2007 in Holy Macro
i shot this in my college. just a random fire alarm pully thing.. C&C welcome!
firealarm.jpg
http://www.derno.net
Canon Rebel XT

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Derno wrote:
    i shot this in my college. just a random fire alarm pully thing.. C&C welcome!

It certainly is RED :D
    At first I thought that was a bell I could see, but when I look more closely it's a lock I think?

Interesting angle you've taken this on ...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Cool shot. I would prefer it all in focus, but it's just me. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    yeah it is a lock

and thanks!

hmm maybe ill try shooting it all in focus and see if that might look a bit better
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    It is a fire alarm pull station. You pull down on the white part that looks like a "T". It triggers an electrical connection that sounds the strobes and announcement to get the heck out of the area. The key slot is for resetting it after it has been pulled. For some reason the kiddies love to pull them:D I have to reset them all the time where I work. We have to investigate the situation and call the Fire Department if necessary. Some are connected directly to the Fire Department. If you don't let them know it is a false alarm you will have all kinds of company with bells and whistleswings.gif
    edited April 9, 2007
    Awww Jester, where do you work? Next time you have fire squad, call me up rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    I work at Universal Orlandoiloveyou.gif . They were just here. You missed them.:D
    Someone overheated the pizza oven.headscratch.gif Their station is only a couple of blocks down the street. They visit often. I think they like the place.wings.gif I'll let you know the next time they visit.
    edited April 12, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    I work at Universal Orlandoiloveyou.gif . They were just here. You missed them.:D
    Someone overheated the pizza oven.headscratch.gif Their station is only a couple of blocks down the street. They visit often. I think they like the place.wings.gif I'll let you know the next time they visit.

Sounds like a deal, better yet, snap some pictures for me :D:D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300