Options

Do you know the muffin....

SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited April 14, 2007 in People
girl! Just didn't feel right putting 'man'.

This photo has given me nothing but a headache today. I like the composition (maybe because moms just love all pics of their kids) but have had a difficult time removing a color cast in the pic. I think because she is looking down and the red apron is reflecting off her face. Don't know but one thing I do know is that I have worked on this and looked at it for too long. Also the slight blowout on her shirt is bugging me as well.

Thought I would put it out there to see what you guys thought. Keep it or trash it:dunno

Shane142211468-M.jpg

After awhile I just got tired and converted to BW142211787-M.jpg
www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 85mm 1.8
Canon 70-200L IS 2.8

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    SitterS wrote:
    girl! Just didn't feel right putting 'man'.

This photo has given me nothing but a headache today. I like the composition (maybe because moms just love all pics of their kids) but have had a difficult time removing a color cast in the pic. I think because she is looking down and the red apron is reflecting off her face. Don't know but one thing I do know is that I have worked on this and looked at it for too long. Also the slight blowout on her shirt is bugging me as well.

Thought I would put it out there to see what you guys thought. Keep it or trash itne_nau.gif

Shane

After awhile I just got tired and converted to BW

Well isn't she the cutiest little Muffin Maker you ever did see iloveyou.gif
    She looks fine to me, both versions look good nod.gif
    I removed her bag to see what that looked like...very roughly though.
    You can't possibly take a bad photo of this child, shes too cute :D
    ...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    Thanks Skippy. This little cute thing took a pair of scissors to her hair this weekend and cut her bangs. Made me sick as I have been letting it grow for the longest time to get it all one length. She just smiled and said she needed a hair cut :pissed

Like the bag removed. Guess I was so hell bent on getting rid of the color cast that removing the bag didn't even cross my mind

Shane

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Love it without the bag. Don't see a color cast - sometimes just looking at it too long will give you taht impression. Blow out doesn't bother me, either.

I like the B&W photo a little bit better because your eyes go to her face and not everything else with all the colors first.

But the color photo is very nice because the colors look great! So while her face is a little lost, it's a much more active photo and keeps my interest for a long time.

Both are great, IMHO! thumb.gif
  • Options
    JenniCob21JenniCob21 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    First off, I'm very new to this, so I'm going to look at a other's work before I post mine..lol.

I love the photo. You did an excellent job. I do a lot of the "life-like" or "activity" poses. They are just soo sweet. I don't see a color cast on her face either. All though I like both versions, I am a fan of black and white because of the contrast. Well done!

On another note, how did you take the bag out/ I have an image of my nephew that has a little bit of a corner of a bench in it that I would love to remove without having to crop it. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it without resorting to that.

Jenni
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    I think this image really works in BW, the gingham converts so well, the background looks reaaaally awesome converted too. And as Andi says your eyes go straight to her SWEET adorable little face.

how old is she? she is really gorgeous...does she have a name?

(oh and who makes muffins outside??) rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2007
    Thanks Andi, Jenni and Lynn. Appreciate the compliments on the photo. It did have a color cast to it but I guess by your comments I got it fixed. Think I like the BW as well. Agree that your attention goes more to her than her surroundings.

Lynn meet my stubborn Caroline. She just turned four in March. I also have a son that is 8 but has no interest in letting mom take his picture...as a matter of fact she doesn't either so I try to get her when she is involved in something such as her bake set.

Shane

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Options
    carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Very nice pictures. I like both of them, and agree with the others the BW is great. thumb.gif
    Carl
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Adorable!
    Love it love it love it.....very cute, well done!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 14, 2007
    you do a great bw conversion but I really like the color version here-
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2007
    Thanks guys. I appreciate you taking a look and commenting. Have a good weekend.

Shane

Blogs:

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8