LPS#3 Irregular subject?

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited April 14, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
[new question below at bottom of post, thnx]
Hi, I wasn't sure if this meant irregular picturesque, or anything else included. Does any of this work at all? Thanks [I can crop the trip off]
Did these last night, and was alot of fun.
Great stuff entered already!
Does this work for irregular, or am I not getting it? thnx for input
141966542-L.jpg
141966554-L.jpg
141966548-L.jpg

Comments

• Annie222Annie222 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    I like them all, I like no 2 the best if that helps
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    irregular or abstract?
    These images look abstract instead of irregular... abstract because they are difficult to understand or relate to something concrete... irregular IMHO would be something I recognize but is skewed in some way or different, out of the ordinary, not conforming to what I would expect... does this make sense? any way all 3 are great shots... number 2 I recognize the water but I don't know if it is a regular water pattern or irregular, cause I don't understand what is causing it...

Winston
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    #1 registers as irregularly shaped...fits the challenge quite nice. And the production quality is amazing, very well done. Wow!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Thanx for your input everyone. I remember thinking I was ticked off the circle of oil had gone crooked, lol. Then I saw your challenge title and thought well heck maybe it would work for irregular. But I think it would have been better a little more mishaped. Maybe I'll try it again this week.
    It's my favorite and the easiest to do. ;~)

The second one at least you can see the CD, but you are right, Winston, they do look abstract. But it's the irregularities of the water that makes it not distinquishable? I thought to myself the big surprise was the irregularity of the drops, that was so astonishing. They sure look like circles ordinarily.

Thanks alot for your opinions, I still can't make up my mind.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    The second one at least you can see the CD, but you are right, Winston, they do look abstract. But it's the irregularities of the water that makes it not distinquishable? I thought to myself the big surprise was the irregularity of the drops, that was so astonishing. They sure look like circles ordinarily.

Thanks alot for your opinions, I still can't make up my mind.

Makes sence... the water drops are rather irregular looking... I thought number 2 would work best for irregular if any of them would... any way good luck and very nice shots...

Winston
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    #2 for me. I think the visible letter and numbers detract, but it's really cool and says irregular to me. I also really like #1 (maybe better as a photo than #2), just not sure it's irregular enough. Everyone's different, though...
    Chris
  • amy wilburnamy wilburn Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    beautiful pics, I like #2 the best...the drops look irregular to me although I understand winston's earlier points
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Those photos are really super! I like #2 best for the irregular shapes of the water droplets. Will a judge pick up on that? That's anyone's guess! ne_nau.gif

The composition on that one is and #1 is superb, IMHO.
    edited April 12, 2007
    Thanx guys, I hear ya! Darn, wish that drop had been a little more crooked! OK, new one here. How 'bout this one for irregular? We had 15-20 ft. waves here yesterday and on the jetty they were pounding such irregular shapes, it was so awesome. Mind you, the small wave in the front of this big one is normal size....or the second one here? Such an odd shaped wave...
    143132112-L.jpg
    143132103-L.jpg
    or stick with the original 2nd pic? thnx
    richtersl wrote:
    Those photos are really super! I like #2 best for the irregular shapes of the water droplets. Will a judge pick up on that? That's anyone's guess! ne_nau.gif

The composition on that one is and #1 is superb, IMHO.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    That first wave shot is remarkable. If you decide you want to submit that one, I'd crop off the most of the brown (handrail?) at the bottom. To put the crop where I think works best will require a bit of cloning in the lower left corner. Other than that, you might consider cranking the saturation of the water just a tad. It's a relatively low contrast shot, but I think that works here.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    That first wave shot is remarkable. If you decide you want to submit that one, I'd crop off the most of the brown (handrail?) at the bottom. To put the crop where I think works best will require a bit of cloning in the lower left corner. Other than that, you might consider cranking the saturation of the water just a tad. It's a relatively low contrast shot, but I think that works here.

15524779-Ti.gif
  • RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I love that 1st wave shot. The brown bit in front needs to go, of course.
    But would I consider it for this theme, if it was my shot? Nope.
    Than again, do you see one of my pics in the qualifiers? Nope. :slurp
    Robert
    edited April 14, 2007
    Robert wrote:
    I love that 1st wave shot. The brown bit in front needs to go, of course.
    But would I consider it for this theme, if it was my shot? Nope.
    Than again, do you see one of my pics in the qualifiers? Nope. :slurp
    Thats cute Robert, lol, well I just got confused and dun-did it.
    What can I say, gnarly must mean irregular, lololwings.gifthumb.gif
    Phew, glad that decision is over! rolleyes1.gif :ivar