LPS #3 Picturesque

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited April 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is definitely picturesque, IHO, but is it challenge worth? C&C invited. As always, thanks. :lust

142284997-L.jpg

Virginia

Email

Comments

• Annie222Annie222 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    I wondered what it would look like in b&w?
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Annie222 wrote:
    I wondered what it would look like in b&w?

Thanks for the suggestion, Amy. Do you like it better this way?

142306211-L.jpg

Virginia

Email
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    The white blob of water detracts from the really picturesque part, just my opinion. I would say "no" for that reason. ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    It's really nice, but there is not a whole lot of detail in this image.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Thanks Ginger and pyroPrint. Hmmm. I hadn't seen the fountain as a blob of water, especially since I worked so hard to stay still enough so I could take it at a slow enough speed ito smooth out the water while hand holding the camera.rolleyes1.gif Nor did I consider that the picture might be fatally lacking in detail given the fact that it is a photograph of an operating fountain. I think, actually, that you are both saying much the same thing. The picture does not focus on enough interesting subject matter to make it work for you. So I thank you both for making me see the image the way you do.

Back to the drawing board -- yet again. :cry

Virginia

Email
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Virginia,
    It's really nice, but there is not a whole lot of detail in this image.

I'm afraid I have to join the crowd (ginger and pyro, that is:-) and say that the white blob taking 80% of the image does not work for me either...

Maybe try HDR/bracketing? headscratch.gif

BTW, (in case you're still in Paris): this part of Tuileries is like the definition of the picturesque... If you're lucky (I mean - no crowds and no fog/haze) you can get a shot of three arches connected with a single optical axis: the one in the middle of that map, the L'Arc de Triomphe and the huge arch-type building in La Defence...

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"