Options

Dirty Cat....4 images

dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited April 12, 2007 in People

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Wow-- these are fantastic! I love the second shot and the shot in the culvert. These are really nice-- I'm not a big fan of traditional wedding photos either and these are anything but traditional. I definitely think you have come up with a GREAT idea... wish I had some photos like this of my wife!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    I love this idea! Though I still find it a bit surprising that brides would still be willing to get the dress dirty even after the big day :D

I love the first two: the color, her posture, the contrast. The third seems a bit too contrasty for me. I think you have a great idea going there and it certainly makes wonderfully untraditional portraits!
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2007
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    these are so well done, your images are so lush, moody and sensual. the first is my fave.

I also think the trash your dress concept is brilliant, I would loooove to do a session like this with one of my brides! I never liked the idea of a formal "pre" event session, but a post event one is awesome!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Great shots! I'd love to learn from you, that is, if you were willing to teach me :P
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    These shots are fantastic. Great job! clap.gif And a great idea!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Great idea, and great pics! I love them!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I'm asking this seriously - how did you convince her to do this? I just LOVE these shots and mentioned it to my sister-in-law who is getting married in June with yours truly as the photographer. She was a little freaked - and she's VERY easy going.... Any suggestions?

Anyway, LOVE the photos. I think the last... no first... no.... Okay, I just love all of them! Awesome.
  • Options
    ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    VERY NICE! I love the first two. I've had a few inquiries for wedding shoots, to which I quickly reply...NO, I don't do weddings! But this actually looks like a blast. I'm going to have to see if my soon to be SIL will be my test subject. :D
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    stop it stop it stop it !

I want to see the shots but havnt been able to since they were posted headscratch.gif All i get is the dreaded redX
  • Options
    djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    gus wrote:
    stop it stop it stop it !

I want to see the shots but havnt been able to since they were posted headscratch.gif All i get is the dreaded redX

I have not had any trouble seeing the images on my system at home or at work.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2007
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    Great shots Kate! Looks like more fun than a wedding and certainly gives the bride a chance to "let her hair down" after all the tension! I've recently noticed similar shots like these on wedding sites, and assumed they must be taken after the affair. I'm not viewing a very terrific monitor here at work, but I like the high contrast feel of these. There seems to be a growing trend towards this style of colored processing. I see it a lot in kids photography as well. Not sure what it's called, but very bright vivid colors and almost white skin. I think it's fun, re-freshing and seems to fit the spring and summer seasons. Has a sort of high fashion feel to it. Nice job!! :saurora
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    Wow...these are fantastic...very different. Good job.thumb.gif