Options

New Generation Photographer

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited April 11, 2007 in People
I was at my brother's house for a family egg hunt Saturday. As usual, family gatherings are tough for good photos....arms, legs, body parts in every shot you wish weren't there! However...I was watching the kids open their plastic eggs, checking out the contents when my little 17 month old nephew Lukas found something more interesting on the floor than candy and toys. I just about cracked up when after checking the camera over so closely he looked up at me focusing on him as if he finally connected with my hobby. You go boy!!! :clap

142338680-L.jpg

142338709-L.jpg

142338717-L.jpg

142338730-L.jpg

All photos taken indoors natural light on a very gloomy, overcast day with the Canon 35mm f/1.4L.

Comments

• Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Gotta get that next generation goin'! Cute. thumb.gif
    Love the way that 35mm f/1.4L dispels the gloom!
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Very nice S. Good exposures, good focus, good color ... all-in-all a very pleasing candid photograph.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Very nice work. This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish in my family candids. Might sound silly, but these informal captures are one of my big drivers for getting better.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Cute pictures, nice job. clap.gif
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 10, 2007
    startin' him early!-

nice pics, susan-
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    Gotta get that next generation goin'! Cute. thumb.gif
    Love the way that 35mm f/1.4L dispels the gloom!
    Thanks Nimai.....he's very into "how things work". The kind of kid who will always be taking things apart, no doubt! I've been using my fixed length lenses a lot lately as I get so accustomed to using my zoom for convenience. Can't beat the light you can capture with this one!!! I did a slight curves adjustment to brighten the scene a bit.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Very nice S. Good exposures, good focus, good color ... all-in-all a very pleasing candid photograph.

Gary

Thanks Gary! Candids in a crowded room are not always that easy. I took a shorter lens this time and just sat down in the middle of the chaos! :D
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I like the progression of the last three shots...am I holding it right?...hmmm this is interesting...oh, I get it! :D Looks like your lens did a nice job of capturing good light for indoor candids (nice to have no flashy shadows)...and you did a good job seeing and clicking the moments. thumb.gif

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I like 'em Saurora. He reminds me of my boy... always wanting to play with anything technological (and try to take it apart!). Good job at isolating him from the chaos, yet leaving enough in to know that it's there!
    Chris