LPS #3 - Your opinion?

Hyper-PerformanceHyper-Performance Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 11, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is my thought for a submission for LPS #3 - I call it "Odd Couple II"

142067547-M.jpg

Photo is unretouched.

[rant on] - I thought this was a photography contest, not to see who could retouch a photo to look like something it was not. With all the talk about "cloning" out this, adjusting that, tweaking here and there - I wonder if we are truely losing the art in it's raw form. Does the EXIF info convey what happened to the photo after it left the camera? I may not be the best photographer, but I sure enjoy capturing the emotion of the moment [/rant off]

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    IMHO, digital photography is a different form of art than film photography. To get the most out of almost any digital shot requires post-processing of some sort. Even the film pros used tricks to tweak their shots, too. Just MHO, I almost never PS my photos past crop and a little curves. It just takes too much time.

As for this shot. I don't get irregular or picturesque out of it. I see one boy looking intently at something past the camera, and another smiling at the camera. Pretty typical Easter shot with kids! The girl in pink over the boy's shoulder is bit distracting. It's nice, but it would be much better if the left boy was looking at the camera, not past it.
    Chris
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    headscratch.gif its a tough call in this subject, as I see what you mean, irregular, as in the first boy is acting irregular in NOT doing what he's supposed [look at camera and smiling]. But I think this shot would be better suited for a "opposites" subject.

Hard to say though, because it could qualify as in his irregular actions.
    Cute photo!--- I like it!