Options

Sunsets in Florida

bratsscrappybratsscrappy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited April 11, 2007 in People
Shot these last week near Jacksonville FL. Comments and critiques please.

OLYMPUS E500
WL 1600
Beautiful Girl
Beach

142124352-S-1.jpg

142125196-S-1.jpg

142134256-S-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Shot these last week near Jacksonville FL. Comments and critiques please.

OLYMPUS E500
    WL 1600
    Beautiful Girl
    Beach

I think I like what I see, but it would be much easier to provide the C&C you're looking for if the size of the files were a bit bigger and size of watermark a bit smaller... ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    I like these-- nice blend of strobe and ambient light. I do, however, like the third shot the best of these-- it's more unique than the others. The surroundings and model seem to really compliment each other in that staircase shot.

One comment-- you might want to raise your WL just a little bit in the first shot-- that will help get the nose shadow a little lower and a little more natural looking.

Also, hopefully you kept shooting after the sun set... sometimes the sky really gets crazy beautiful in those moments after the sun gets beyond the horizon.

Pretty model, pretty location, nice use of lighting-- I'd love to see more!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    They're mediocre, I dont like the posing of the model at all... it seems too artificial. Note to self, never pose around the sun... it just looks wierd. Some of the best sunset shots incorporate it into the shot, without making it look so posed.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I really like them and like the poses. Nice job!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos