Options

Tim Bailey - Channel 10 Weather Man

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited April 10, 2007 in People
Many television stations broadcast their weather forecast from a location. Channel TEN has selected to use Darling Harbour for today’s evening weather. Their presenter, Tim Baily is quite a popular personality and a small crowd has gathered to watch “making of the weather”. This is one of these unusual situations for a street photographer where at least some of the lighting was done by professionals.

Click on the image or the link for bigger photo and EXIF (recommended!)

Comments

• Options
    asylumxlasylumxl Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    looks great. love the pillars running from the bottom edges the top :D
    "If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happen if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" (Steven Wright)
    gear.LIST
    Canon EOS 350D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Tamron, 55-200mm, Canon EF 50MM MKII
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    This is awesome. Whatever processing technique you did (care to share?) makes it feel like its from the set of a James Bond movie...you do seem to be discovering some interesting lightroom presets lately! I've found a few but they haven't generated good results in the least.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Great feel to this shot.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    It looks okay, but it's waay too oversharpened, otherwise a nice candid portrait.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007
    Just playing with Lightroom - now I wish I've saved this as a preset. I know I've increased the levels of blacks but not much more.
    urbanaries wrote:
    This is awesome. Whatever processing technique you did (care to share?) makes it feel like its from the set of a James Bond movie...you do seem to be discovering some interesting lightroom presets lately! I've found a few but they haven't generated good results in the least.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007
    Mike I use always the same sharpeaning settings. I think the effect you are seeing is something from Lightroom - I have not identified what it is but it certainly changes the image dramatically (paint like ?)
    Mike02 wrote:
    It looks okay, but it's waay too oversharpened, otherwise a nice candid portrait.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007
    Thank You Terrence. I guess the athmosphere here is created by a combination of evening and TV lights.
    Terrence wrote:
    Great feel to this shot.