SE: back in business:-)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
It took me a while to set things up, especially the development environment. But today I finally were able to put it all together and was able to compile the project again. Needless to say my new XPS is a much nicer tool compared to a 2-3 years old laptop (although there was nothing wrong with it, it was a nice horsie:-).

You can actually see how it looks:
15095873-M.jpg
More views are here:
http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/378785/1/15095713

Hopefully new version will be coming soon (but don't hold your breath, things at work still hectic, and few things still have to be set up and configured).
Anyway - SE's back in business!:clap
(guess what I was using to upload these shots:-)

Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Nice desk, but all these CDs make me shoudder...looks like heavy application installing...I don't like doing fresh installations of my system, but maybe I would do it for such a system. :D

I wondered with all the new features on smugmug, if you couldn't make use of the smugdav thing in order to look if a file is already up and then offer the user to update it, when the update-thingy is implemented in the API?! :D

Looking forward to the coming SE developments! 1drink.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Nice desk, but all these CDs make me shoudder...looks like heavy application installing...I don't like doing fresh installations of my system, but maybe I would do it for such a system. :D
    I oredered an as much barebone system as I could. Being a "wintel bigot":-), I like my system configured to my own taste, and I have no problem doing that, especially on a new one. The disks you see are mostly photo archives, which I'm still uploading to "My Pictures":-)
    I wondered with all the new features on smugmug, if you couldn't make use of the smugdav thing in order to look if a file is already up and then offer the user to update it, when the update-thingy is implemented in the API?! :D
    It's a good question. Beleive me, I was blown away by that feature (once again, great job, Don!). But here's the thing: there is no point for me using DAV protocol - once SM supports it on a serverl level, then all you need is your windows explorer. But - but - to fully support it means a LOT of work. Let alone it's only supported on XP, while SE is still kinda OK with the majority of windows flavors - and I'll try to keep it as long as possible.

And I still have some aces in my sleeve - you'll see soon:D . Hopefully by the end of Feb (depending on work situation, it's the busiest time of year for the R&D at work). But sh-sh, I didn't tell you that:-)
    Looking forward to the coming SE developments! 1drink.gif
    Trust me - me too!!clap.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    But here's the thing: there is no point for me using DAV protocol - once SM supports it on a serverl level, then all you need is your windows explorer. But - but - to fully support it means a LOT of work. Let alone it's only supported on XP, while SE is still kinda OK with the majority of windows flavors - and I'll try to keep it as long as possible.
    That's good to here and people will appreciate this.

The good news for DAV users: It also works on my Win2000. At first I was shocked that Don stated it would be XP only, but then I was even more happy that it worked. clap.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Cool, I didn't know that
    That's good to here and people will appreciate this.
    Thanks!
    The good news for DAV users: It also works on my Win2000. At first I was shocked that Don stated it would be XP only, but then I was even more happy that it worked. clap.gif
    I guess I jumped to the conclusions too fast. Didn't do a proper homework. SM said it's XP only. My colleague confirmed it's XP only. So I decided to go with the flow:-). Our QA is pretty busy lately, so I could not involve them into multi-OS smugDAV testing (even though QA chief is a good friend of mine and a huge SM fan:-):D
    Anyway, the more - the merrier:-)
    Cheers!1drink.gif