Options

My Dancing Princess

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited April 13, 2007 in People
Enjoy. Comments always welcome.

EDIT: Image(s) removed. See my gallery for image(s).

Comments

• Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    That's a really cute composition. I'd better not show my wife that lest she make me do one!
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    That's a really cute composition. I'd better not show my wife that lest she make me do one!
    Thanks for sharing this.

You don't have to tell her - i've already sent her an email :D

Thanks for looking.
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Cool idea, but I find the background very distracting, and the lighting is quite flat.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    Cool idea, but I find the background very distracting, and the lighting is quite flat.

15524779-Ti.gif

the third is really a wonderful capture of her movement and expression. but unfortunately also of the in-focus lamp.

(If she's like any of my dancing princess nieces, she'd be all to happy to oblige a re-shoot rolleyes1.gif)

the pinkish purple background also isn't doing it for me in the layout? maybe white would look cleaner.

She's quite gorgeous, btw.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    I also agree with Owen and Lynn but they are very cute shots.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    Thanks for looking and commenting, Owen. I, too, find the background very distracting. THis was a purely impromptu event so there was no planning.

Also, the lighting was not ideal. Diffused light through the window, a halogen in then corner, and the 580EX bounced off the wall. These were shot at ISO200 at 1/250sec. (AV mode) with the flash at ETTL with high-speed sync on. Not sure what I could have done to make this better.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    the third is really a wonderful capture of her movement and expression. but unfortunately also of the in-focus lamp.

(If she's like any of my dancing princess nieces, she'd be all to happy to oblige a re-shoot rolleyes1.gif)

the pinkish purple background also isn't doing it for me in the layout? maybe white would look cleaner.

She's quite gorgeous, btw.

Thanks for commenting. Much appreciated. In addition to what I mentioned above I will look at the background, too.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    I also agree with Owen and Lynn but they are very cute shots.

Thanks for commenting. :D
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    Cool pictures, but I think the background is too distracting and bland, maybe if you choose a darker pink, and placed the photos closer together with less empty space around them, it would look alot better.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    I love what you've captured in the third one, but I agree, the background is distracting.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Try selectively colorizing these photos! That might make the background fade out a bit more and pop your beautiful little princess!!!

Just precious! Wonderful capture!

Next time, try bouncing the flash of one of the walls to the side if possible. That may help with the flat lighting.