Love in the Museum

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited February 2, 2005 in People
Some experiments in boston this weekend...
50mm wide angle - 200iso 1/4 @ 1/6

15103306-L.jpg

conversation

15103608-L.jpg

The Artist

15113291-L.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 31, 2005
    have you been hanging out with damon??? very reminiscent of his street slinging style.

I think the composition on the second is great. overhead is very fun.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    have you been hanging out with damon??? very reminiscent of his street slinging style.

I think the composition on the second is great. overhead is very fun.
    Thanks Eric.. I added another one.. I rarely get to "lurk" about in the city...rolleyes1.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Lynn, I missed you and wondered where you were.

I love, love the third photo you did. I assume that was with one of your new lenses. I am going through the lens angst now. Actually, I want what you have, bird stuff, and I guess I would need someone to carry the stuff.

Whatever, your lenses have had a great effect on you. Which did you use for the third shot?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Just to make you feel good, I like the first one best. So there is something here for everyone. Perhaps the first should be raw converted with "tungston"? And the last might benefit from a close reading of the "What color is snow" thread (as boring as that is.)
    If not now, when?
    edited January 31, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Lynn, I missed you and wondered where you were.

I love, love the third photo you did. I assume that was with one of your new lenses. I am going through the lens angst now. Actually, I want what you have, bird stuff, and I guess I would need someone to carry the stuff.

Whatever, your lenses have had a great effect on you. Which did you use for the third shot?

ginger
    Hi Ginger.. thanks.. I was in Boston for the weekend (girlie weekend) saw the Lion King at the opera house.. and went to the Museum of Fine Arts.. ate ate ate.. drank some too had fun.. all the shots are with my 50mm 1.4 (had to send the latest new sigma back.. had a scratched lens) so I'm waiting for that.

subway.. ringing the gong thing...

15116691-L.jpg
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    #2 and #3 clap.gif
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    i really like the hand gesture in number two lynnie
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    Andy, it looks like the girl with the hand gesture might have been eating ribs.:D

I have never seen sharper photos, lynn. I don't understand it. And I love the DOF on that third shot, the painter, to the trees, to the city, all on fresh snow.

I almost bought that lens a year ago, rather than the 1.8. Then when I used the 1.8 so seldom, I was glad I hadn't. Then again, I have not in this whole year, if ever, seen the type scenes you are photographing.

I can't wait to see that lens in the woods. You will have to try that post haste.

ginger (Does anyone else use that lens that much, and why that and not wider?)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited February 2, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, it looks like the girl with the hand gesture might have been eating ribs.:D

I have never seen sharper photos, lynn. I don't understand it. And I love the DOF on that third shot, the painter, to the trees, to the city, all on fresh snow.

I almost bought that lens a year ago, rather than the 1.8. Then when I used the 1.8 so seldom, I was glad I hadn't. Then again, I have not in this whole year, if ever, seen the type scenes you are photographing.

I can't wait to see that lens in the woods. You will have to try that post haste.

ginger (Does anyone else use that lens that much, and why that and not wider?)
    Now Ginger you know better than that.. ladies don't eat RIBS in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston??? it was a strawberry dessert thing...
    I have used the lens in the woods.. and I do USM everything... that said, I do love the clarity of the thing.. this shot I took through a filthy hotel window handheld (not worth showing but want to example) and I'm not very steady or good...
    15231967-L.jpg