Options

can customers order "backup" dvds?

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited October 31, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I couldn't find this addressed anywhere....

I'd like to be able to sell discs of images (entire galleries at a time, nothing complicated) without burning, shipping, collecting $$ for them myself. Since logged in I can order one myself, shouldn't be too hard for SM to add this to our product list for customers? :deal

ETA:
as a carrot dangling, just know we'd pay a premium for this....personally my CD prices just keep going up and I've no problem passing any costs on.
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2007
    No, not at the present time, sorry. Wish I had a better answer for you!
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:

So, just to clarify, smugmug and/or EZ prints will sell a backup to me but not customers? not to be difficult, just seems to be an operational low-hanging fruit.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    So, just to clarify, smugmug and/or EZ prints will sell a backup to me but not customers? not to be difficult, just seems to be an operational low-hanging fruit.
    Hey, hang in there thumb.gif we know, and hopefully one day, there'll be more options :)
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hey, hang in there thumb.gif we know, and hopefully one day, there'll be more options :)

cool not trying to be difficult, just getting frustrated with the many vendors necessary to fulfill common routine requests. i'm sure you run into the same issues.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Andy wrote: »

Has there been any progress on this? I tried searching for DVD in the help files and can't find any info on how to add it to my pricelist, has it still not been implemented?

This is an EXTREMELY popular product among my clients. I'm tired of having to deal with this via email and snail mail and would love to have it be automated thru the Smugmug site instead.
    JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2010
    Still working on it. Sorry :(