Some photos from thursday nights game:

15079644-M-1.jpg
15079653-M-1.jpg15081247-M-1.jpg
15086997-M-1.jpg
15089115-M-1.jpg
15092937-M-1.jpg
15093793-M-1.jpg

The rest of the gallery http://http://winger.smugmug.com/gallery/377327
and the gallery from friday nights game http://winger.smugmug.com/gallery/377723

please feel free to comment on them. :) Good or bad.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 31, 2005
    Comment from me: I know you get frustrated when no one comments, I think I know why. Your galleries are HUGE! There's a lot to see there. Try picking one or two that you think are representative of your work that day, or show "errors" that you want to correct. Then let us rip those few apart :D

Asking for comments on a gallery of 148 photos is a daunting task.

However, I'm assuming you were shooting through the glass on thurs and over the glass on friday? If so, I like the look of friday better. Not sure if its the angle or slightly clearer images. ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Comment from me: I know you get frustrated when no one comments, I think I know why. Your galleries are HUGE! There's a lot to see there. Try picking one or two that you think are representative of your work that day, or show "errors" that you want to correct. Then let us rip those few apart :D

Asking for comments on a gallery of 148 photos is a daunting task.

However, I'm assuming you were shooting through the glass on thurs and over the glass on friday? If so, I like the look of friday better. Not sure if its the angle or slightly clearer images. ne_nau.gif
    Well I dont think people are going to go through the whole gallery, I put those links up in case people wanna look.

Thursday game I got one period in the box and the other two were behind the glass. The concourse at the mullins is a little too high and far away to shoot with a 200, where as BC it is a little lower and closer to the ice (friday nights game) I also got to BC late because I was a track meet and BC glass is HORRIBLE...so I had no time to scope out a spot since I got there at the start of the 2nd.

Not much to shoot on friday as we lost 6-0 and on thursday we lost 5-2 but at least scored two goals.

Hmmm good point thought Erik, I guess I should decide if I want to just share of if I want people to help and comment. But it seems like my sport threads dont generate much interest in general, that is why I added the comment, I just want to be a cool kid. :(
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    winger wrote:
    I just want to be a cool kid. :(
    don't we all :D

should I tell everyone that you wear pink very well (for two days in a row)? Maybe that'll help

:D:D
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    don't we all :D

should I tell everyone that you wear pink very well (for two days in a row)? Maybe that'll help

:D:D
    shhhh dont let the rumors get out.
    I mean just because I am the ultimate girlfriend, I can dress like a chick, cook, sew, drive a bus and the zamboni and change my own tire....I mean come on.

Damn wish I could change your ONE shift assignment for the semester now.

I think the rest of the thread I create will say, hey erik look at my photos!
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 1, 2005
    Where's da pics?
    Winger,
    All I can see is little red X's headscratch.gif

I did go visit your Friday night gallery, though. Very nice work thumb.gif Lots of really nice shots and all are crisp with nice color clap.gif

Please continue posting your hockey pics. I am sure there are others that enjoy them as much as Erik and myself. I feel bad that I didn't get around to this thread until now. I think you've also come to the conclusion that this forum isn't real big on sports :uhoh Not that folks here hate sports shots, it's just that most seem to be into other types of shooting. Which is fine by me, since I'm all over the place with my shooting. But, one of my first loves is sports shooting and IMHO you should be very happy about, and proud of, the results you've been getting. I know I sure would be clap.gif

Besides, since there's no NHL, where else am I gonna go for my hockey fix? lol3.gif

Thanks for sharing and hang in there and keep posting your pics. They are appreciated :-)

Steve

BTW, I was just thinking of how difficult it is to convey this sport with pics. I mean in other sports there's usually lots of meaningful action. A hit baseball, a caught pass, a slam dunk. In hockey the action is way more subtle and there isn't much scoring. Plus, a pic of a puck in a net isn't always that exciting. Give me a good old "face smashed into the glass" shot and now you're talking....Laughing.gif I guess my point is that it's difficult to capture hockey's essence in pics that the uninitiated (those unfamiliar with hockey) will appreciate.

Does this make sense? It did before I typed it.....Laughing.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    BTW, I was just thinking of how difficult it is to convey this sport with pics. I mean in other sports there's usually lots of meaningful action. A hit baseball, a caught pass, a slam dunk. In hockey the action is way more subtle and there isn't much scoring. Plus, a pic of a puck in a net isn't always that exciting. Give me a good old "face smashed into the glass" shot and now you're talking....Laughing.gif I guess my point is that it's difficult to capture hockey's essence in pics that the uninitiated (those unfamiliar with hockey) will appreciate.

Does this make sense? It did before I typed it.....Laughing.gif
    makes sense to me. I think you're on to something there.
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 2, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    makes sense to me. I think you're on to something there.
    14729628-M-1.jpg