15085953-L.jpg

15086000-L.jpg

15086047-L.jpg

15086050-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    shots are well exposed, lovely color, great action. i'd like to see their faces.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    scary
    While the butt shots are interesting, I agree with Andy faces would have been better. I've never watched snowboarding, looks like fun for the young.
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    andy wrote:
    shots are well exposed, lovely color, great action. i'd like to see their faces.
    I would have loved to do that as well, but the position of the sun was just not working with me. I tried a few shots looking up the hill (Due South) and came up with results like this...

15086103-L.jpg
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    You couldn't move the sun?
    dugmar wrote:
    I would have loved to do that as well, but the position of the sun was just not working with me. I tried a few shots looking up the hill (Due South) and came up with results like this...

15086103-L.jpg

rolleyes1.gif I thought maybe you couldn't stand on the other side for some reason, didn't even think of the sun direction. They are still cool shots!
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif I thought maybe you couldn't stand on the other side for some reason, didn't even think of the sun direction. They are still cool shots!
    Even on the other side of the trail I would have been shooting uphill to get their faces, directly south, into the sun. Anybody have any tricks to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

Doug
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    dugmar wrote:
    Even on the other side of the trail I would have been shooting uphill to get their faces, directly south, into the sun. Anybody have any tricks to overcome this problem?
    Move the Sun more to the North? ne_nau.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson