Options

looking for a hack, bulk gallery creation

mattgmattg Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
Hi guys!

my smugmug site is http://nesba-mw.smugmug.com

Every weekend, I'll be at a motorcycle event shooting. I need to sort the pictures by rider, and usually there's 80 or so riders, and I'm guessing I'll be near 800-1500 pictures per weekend. I then have to sort all of them manually. I break them down by rider number, each in their own folder.

Is there a tool that can help me bulk upload these folders, each as their own gallery? It took me 9 hours to upload all the pics from last weekend, and I can't afford that kind of time each week.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2007
    mattg wrote:
    Hi guys!

my smugmug site is http://nesba-mw.smugmug.com

Every weekend, I'll be at a motorcycle event shooting. I need to sort the pictures by rider, and usually there's 80 or so riders, and I'm guessing I'll be near 800-1500 pictures per weekend. I then have to sort all of them manually. I break them down by rider number, each in their own folder.

Is there a tool that can help me bulk upload these folders, each as their own gallery? It took me 9 hours to upload all the pics from last weekend, and I can't afford that kind of time each week.
    Use Firefox and get SmugBrowser. Create the folders in SmugBrowser and
    drag pics to the folders.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    muahahahahaaa!! welcome to my world. :D i don't use smugmug for my full scale moto pics, as i shoot about 2500 per weekend. i wrote some scripting for my personal website to take care of wrapping all the images and such... PM me if you wanna go into further detail. my site is in my sig/profile.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    You also might want to have a look at Nikolai's StarExplorer which supports bulk creation of galleries by hand or you could use it's synchronization function which automaticly mirrors your folder structure in smugmug and uploads the photos that haven't been uploaded yet.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    You also might want to have a look at Nikolai's StarExplorer which supports bulk creation of galleries by hand or you could use it's synchronization function which automaticly mirrors your folder structure in smugmug and uploads the photos that haven't been uploaded yet.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian

Thank you Sebastian!

Yes, S*E does support both manual or automatic album creation. Last time it created about 1000 albums for me (as well as uploaded 20Gb worth of pics in them).
    Imagine creating them manually and then simply trying to drag-n-drop files into each one.... br-r-r-r. eek7.gif
    With S*E it was a matter of ONE drag-n-drop... mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"