Something like Bellamax Upshot for Mac?

ChuckfdChuckfd Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 13, 2007 in Finishing School
I was just wanting to see if anyone out there knows of a program like Bellamax Upshot that works on Macs. I like and use Photoshot Elements to tweak slected pics, but sometimes I just want a good, easy, basic color/exposure correction program like Upshot. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
CD

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Hi Chuck wave.gif

I'm 100% Mac... but I use i2e under parallels on my Macs because it's bar none the best such App I've found deal.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=51034
  • ChuckfdChuckfd Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2007
    Thanks, Andy, I just looked over that thread and the i2e site. That looks like a great application! I take it that with Parallels you can access images that are on your Mac's harddrive (unlike with Bootcamp) and then process and export them back to your native mac hard drive?
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Chuck wave.gif

I'm 100% Mac... but I use i2e under parallels on my Macs because it's bar none the best such App I've found deal.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=51034
    edited April 13, 2007
    Chuckfd wrote:
    Thanks, Andy, I just looked over that thread and the i2e site. That looks like a great application! I take it that with Parallels you can access images that are on your Mac's harddrive (unlike with Bootcamp) and then process and export them back to your native mac hard drive?
    nod.gif, drag and drop from the Windows app to the Mac desktop, or any Mac folder. Parallels is da bomb :D
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited April 13, 2007
    Andy, are you running Parallels and i2e on a Mac Book Pro or on an Intel Power Mac?

Is 2 Gb RAM in a MBP enough to allow using i2e in Parallels or is this only true with your killer desktop MAC with 4 Gb RAM?

I just aquired a MBP so I am trying to decide if I want Parallel for it. I will NOT be updating my dual G5 Power Mac at this time, maybe the next round of PowerMac upgrades I'll consider it, so I do not have the option of i2e on my desktop unit. I guess I could run it on my old WIN XP boxheadscratch.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited April 13, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Andy, are you running Parallels and i2e on a Mac Book Pro or on an Intel Power Mac?

Is 2 Gb RAM in a MBP enough to allow using i2e in Parallels or is this only true with your killer desktop MAC with 4 Gb RAM?

I just aquired a MBP so I am trying to decide if I want Parallel for it. I will NOT be updating my dual G5 Power Mac at this time, maybe the next round of PowerMac upgrades I'll consider it, so I do not have the option of i2e on my desktop unit. I guess I could run it on my old WIN XP boxheadscratch.gif
    Yeah, we all (at SmugMug) run Parallels on variety of Intel Macs. I run it on Macbook Pro w/ 3gigs of Ram - 1gb for Parallels (when I'm using it) and it works just great. Others are even using it on 1gb boxes. It's of course, slower, but ...

I do also run it on my Mac Pro, with 2gb to Parallels and 4 for the Mac side (when Parallels is running).