Options

just a few pictures needing c&c

bonniejobonniejo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited April 17, 2007 in Landscapes
Here are a few I took when I got my camera. Was wondering is you guys would c&c these for me and let me know what you think.
141393683-M.jpg

141393704-M.jpg

141393711-M.jpg

and a chimney
141393721-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2007
    Bonnie

New cameras are always exciting, congratsclap.gif

I would shoot the road image with the same light that is on the chimney.
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2007
    Bonnie

New cameras are always exciting, congratsclap.gif

I would shoot the road image with the same light that is on the chimney.

Ok, will give it a shot when and if this dreaded cold, rainy weather ever lets up. Anything else?
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2007
    bonniejo wrote:
    Ok, will give it a shot when and if this dreaded cold, rainy weather ever lets up. Anything else?

BUMP
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    The first image doesn't really have much composition going for it. And the light is very direct, not terribly flattering.

Both road shots have good composition, the road leads your eye through the frame. As Marc says, the light could use some help, like the warmer, late-in-the-day chimney light.

The chimney shot has that nice, warm light of the sun low in the sky. But the composition is very plain. The thing is right in the middle, no context, no story.

How's that? :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    The first image doesn't really have much composition going for it. And the light is very direct, not terribly flattering.

Both road shots have good composition, the road leads your eye through the frame. As Marc says, the light could use some help, like the warmer, late-in-the-day chimney light.

The chimney shot has that nice, warm light of the sun low in the sky. But the composition is very plain. The thing is right in the middle, no context, no story.

How's that? :D

Thank you very much! clap.gif I thought they were ok, but your right about being kinda boring...... I'll try again tomorrow when the light is better. I think the only thing I really liked about the chimney pic is the light from it.... still trying to perfect my pictures.

My PS is soo slow and I got the free trial of Lighroom, but it takes 5 min just for the effects to appear... has to be my comp or something.