First surf shoots

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in Sports
Hey there sports fans:thumb

I'm back in San Diego for a few days on family business and got a chance to to shoot some surf shots. Even got a chance to get in the water myself for a few hours:D
143430128-L.jpg
143430332-L.jpg
143430422-L.jpg
143431214-L.jpg
143431499-L.jpg
Thats just not nice:evil
143432066-L.jpg
One of my favorite things to watch:wink
143430865-L.jpg
and one of the photog...taken by my brother in law

143432404-L.jpg

All shot with 30d, 400 5.6L. and cheapo tamy 1.4x.
I know there are some things a need to work on: get closer/more facial detail (that reminds me, please see my ad for WTB: 300 2.8!)
Anything else you guys can think of please feel free to fire away!

Thanks for looking in.

-j

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Hey there sports fansthumb.gif

I'm back in San Diego for a few days on family business and got a chance to to shoot some surf shots. Even got a chance to get in the water myself for a few hours:D
    Thats just not nicenaughty.gif
    One of my favorite things to watchmwink.gif
    and one of the photog...taken by my brother in law
    All shot with 30d, 400 5.6L. and cheapo tamy 1.4x.
    I know there are some things a need to work on: get closer/more facial detail (that reminds me, please see my ad for WTB: 300 2.8!)
    Anything else you guys can think of please feel free to fire away!
    Thanks for looking in.
    -j

Hi Jeff,
    Surf looks good .... I really like the first shot, the difference in colour tones on that Tube starting to form.

They all look good, a little blown out on the foaming surf, but other than that you got a good series.

Looking at image #4 & #5 I think with a little bit of editing you could join those images and it would look like double waves and surfers :D

Thanks for sharing clap.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • bonniejobonniejo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I like the 4th one. I'm not sure why, but I do. Lol
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Jeff,
    Surf looks good .... I really like the first shot, the difference in colour tones on that Tube starting to form.

They all look good, a little blown out on the foaming surf, but other than that you got a good series.

Looking at image #4 & #5 I think with a little bit of editing you could join those images and it would look like double waves and surfers :D

Thanks for sharing clap.gif ..... Skippy

Thanks Skippy! I was checking for blinkies the entire time so I think any blowout was from my bumping the exposure in post. They're all RAW so I think I just need to go back through them and play a bit. Thanks fior the advice !

-j
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    bonniejo wrote:
    I like the 4th one. I'm not sure why, but I do. Lol

Cool! Thanks bonniejo! I had fun both being out in the water and getting a few shots. I'm looking forward to posting more in the sports forumthumb.gif

-j
  • SDJamesSDJames Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I especially like the spray shots. I'll be getting in the water and trying to spray myself in the morning. If there is sun, I usually shoot some as well.

For me, I can never get close enough. I usually crop as much as I can, but the 30D with 300mm only gets so close.
    40D, 400 f5.6L, 70-200 f2.8L, 50 f1.8, Tam 17-50 f2.8