LPS #3 - Not the greatest, but which is your fave?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited April 14, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know these aren't amazing. Probably not contenders, but I'd LOVE some feedback....

Thanks!

143542062-L.jpg

143542068-L.jpg

I'm working on titles and I have my fave... I know they aren't the greatest, but I haven't had much to work with this week....

Thanks so much!

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I really like #2! The sky color contrasting with the foreground color, the leaning trees holding each other up, and the fact that there is a tire swing, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. I am imagining someone climbing all the way up there to tie the rope. It says irregular and picturesque to me. :D

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    trees and swing...
    definately the trees and swing... both are picturesque but the swing could be irregular simply because it looks like it is in the middle of know where...

Winston
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I'd have to go with #2. I love how the dark sky contrasts with everything in that photo.

Though #1 is very nice, the clouds and sky just weren't in your favor that day.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Oh, yay! I'm glad that others liked the one I did...

I'm going to try to get a better shot, but I'll enter this for now!

Thanks so much!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Andi,
    I know these aren't amazing. Probably not contenders, but I'd LOVE some feedback....

Thanks!
    I'm working on titles and I have my fave... I know they aren't the greatest, but I haven't had much to work with this week....

Thanks so much!

I like #2, but I think its composition can be improved. The space on the left of the tree does not bring any bread to the table...ne_nau.gif I want either more of it, or less of it...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I also like #2. I can't decide if I would like it better without the tire swing, though... I definitely want to swing on that swing, though! I like the composition, the tree cuts a nice diagnoal across the frame, but I also think poofy white clouds would make it more picturesque.

NOTE: Just saw it in the entry thread... I think the smuggy custom size might be making it appear softer than it is... so custom sizing in PS and then uploading and linking to an "-O.jpg" might be better.
    Chris
  • RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I like the picture and the light, which you would never get combined with puffy white cloud. But I would like some more sharpness and contrast in the entry thread version. Not too much, just a bit.
    Robert
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    WOW andi, #2 is great, I instantly connected with the irregular angle of the tree. It's underscored by the vertical weight of the tire swing, which also gives it a clever human element. I love the processing.

I'm SOOOO jealous of your picturesque (ha!) surroundings.

In landlocked corn country,

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like #2, but I think its composition can be improved. The space on the left of the tree does not bring any bread to the table...ne_nau.gif I want either more of it, or less of it...

Thanks! I'll play with it and see what I come up with!
    I also like #2. I can't decide if I would like it better without the tire swing, though... I definitely want to swing on that swing, though! I like the composition, the tree cuts a nice diagnoal across the frame, but I also think poofy white clouds would make it more picturesque.

NOTE: Just saw it in the entry thread... I think the smuggy custom size might be making it appear softer than it is... so custom sizing in PS and then uploading and linking to an "-O.jpg" might be better.
    Thanks so much! I wouldn't even enter it without the tire swing! Laughing.gif! For some odd reason, I'm absolutely in love with this tree and swing and have taken many, many photos of it. Thisis the first time I got this light. It looks okay with fluffy clouds, but without leaves, it gets a bit lost. In the summer it looks amazing against a blue sky and puffy clouds!

I also reuploaded upon others suggestions, too. I kept looking at it, but thought it was me. No clue why the resized version didn't work as I had Originals enabled so maybe it's just the way they resize. But I did what you and others suggested!

Thanks again!
    I like the picture and the light, which you would never get combined with puffy white cloud. But I would like some more sharpness and contrast in the entry thread version. Not too much, just a bit.
    Absolutely right about the light... Thanks! And got the pic fixed!
    WOW andi, #2 is great, I instantly connected with the irregular angle of the tree. It's underscored by the vertical weight of the tire swing, which also gives it a clever human element. I love the processing.

I'm SOOOO jealous of your picturesque (ha!) surroundings.

In landlocked corn country,

lynne
    Thanks, Lynne! You're welcome out to my uber-picturesque place any time!! thanks for the nice words!

(And I miss corn country.... :D )
  • RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    Absolutely right about the light... Thanks! And got the pic fixed!
    Yep, that works for me. thumb.gif
    Robert