Options

Got a hot one today

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited February 23, 2004 in The Big Picture
Its 10.00 am & already 35c (95f) heading for just over 40c (105f) You really cant go outside as the UV rating is through the roof ! Not even a gentle breeze to take the sweat off you. The roads are melting...schools were closing yesterday & busses stopped (no aircond & the unions said enough is enough) Power grids are shutting down & the nights are only dropping to 28c (82f)

Some queensland towns are looking at 15 days straight at 44c (111f) Our hottest days are always in feb...the humidity is anywhere between 60-90 %. You cant take a cold shower as the water from the tap is luke warm.

no running today............

2487045-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    11 am @ its 53c (127f) out on the balcony......still no breeze. We usually get a Doctor (sea breeze) at about now each day but not today. There are no ants to be seen...or birds or people out & about.

Just a cupfull of snow...pleeeeaassseee !

2487324-M.jpg
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    holy crap!

Here are a couple of shots that waxy posted to the asylum...maybe they'll help you cool down a bit.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2004
    That is the strangest of pics mate ! Unbelievable to imagine that....i could roll in it for hours. Its 6 pm & cooling now...37c (99f) eek7.gif .

Even 'Ivan The Cruel' got a bath to cool him down. You'd think a sparky would buy an A/cond unit & put it in 'eh ? I spend that much of my time fixing other peoples !!

Next summer without doubt

2491456-M.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2004
    :yikes :eek1 You don't have AC? :hang
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    :yikes :eek1 You don't have AC? :hang
    They were still building units/homes here only 8 odd years back without it. This is why the power grid is starting to fail big time ....suddenly heaps of high rises & a/c units.

Most people still live without it....i used to work on the grid in this heat. Rules are... 3 pairs of gloves on...full overalls...hardhat etc. You really have to watch your water intake. Have to drink a few gallons a day.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2004
    Unbelievable. I'm in awe. bowdown.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Unbelievable. I'm in awe. bowdown.gif
    Here you go waxy...yesterdays temp, killed 5.

We did an allnighter on the balcony (my birthday shindig) went to bed around 5 am.

2525055-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2004
    Happy birthday, Humungoususnesosity, many happy returns! clap.gif
    Sid.