How to keep full EXIF data with PSE

WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in Finishing School
Hello all,

I am using Photoshop Elements, and needed to resize my picture for the LPS #3 to 800 pixels on one side. Plus, I needed to make sure it was under 150kb. So, I used the 'Save for Web' feature, and it was EASY to do there. I put 800 for the height, and it figured out the width for me based on that (yay!). After that, I had no trouble resizing the picture (though I did have to size it down more than once to get under 150kb).

BUT---when I use the Save for Web function, that takes out most of my photo information. I noticed then AS I was getting the EXIF data for my entry, ack! It only shows the size and the date modifiied, basically.

So, my question. How can I use PSE to easily resize (in pixels and file size) my photos? I tried Image---Resize Photo, but that does not work in pixels. Help!

happy day,

wren

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    So, I used the 'Save for Web' feature,

Don't do that. Save For Web strips all info.

Use Save As and choose a lower compression.
  • SimonTALMSimonTALM Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Don't do that. Save For Web strips all info.

Use Save As and choose a lower compression.

I found that in CS2 I have to go - mode > 8bit before I can select JPEG in the file type within Save As.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    SimonTALM wrote:
    I found that in CS2 I have to go - mode > 8bit before I can select JPEG in the file type within Save As.

You'll have to do that in any version. Remember that JPEG is 8-bit only. So, make sure you are in 8-bit RGB before trying to Save As to JPEG.