143751013-M.jpg

143751015-M.jpg

143751016-M.jpg

i'm having a hard time choosing. Any thoughts? Regards...Keith
Beam me outta here!:winkKT

Comments

• trippy64trippy64 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I prefer number two, the water reflecting the blue sky against the otherwise brown is a nice contrast, and good composition.

You must use a lot of post work in PS, since nothing i ever shoot looks anything like that. I need to learn how to use PS someday.
    trippy64.smugmug.com
    A man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills.

An opinion should be the result of thought,not the replacement of it.:scratch
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    #2. You have a very nice reflection in that one and the cottage is also positioned better in that one than in the others. You can even crop some from the top. Try it and see what you think.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2007
    I agree, #2 is the best shot for me... but the frame is a little too cluttered for my liking. The house disappears a bit too much behind the trees. Looks like a beautiful setting, though.
    Chris
  • RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    I like #3 best. #1 seems unbalanced and against general opinion, I don’t like the blue with those colours in the second one. Yep, it’s #3 for me.
    Robert
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    thanks, trippy..
    still not sure, but appreciate the opinion. less post than you might think, but i did punch up saturation and contrast - mostly in lightroom. It really is a terrific program - not as fast as using rawshooter for basic processing, but much more powerful.

Regards...Keith
    trippy64 wrote:
    I prefer number two, the water reflecting the blue sky against the otherwise brown is a nice contrast, and good composition.

You must use a lot of post work in PS, since nothing i ever shoot looks anything like that. I need to learn how to use PS someday.
    edited April 15, 2007
    Linda and Chris
    thanks for the comments. What you can't see is the fence in front that prevents me from getting behind that first tree and shooting over the water. gotta find a hole in that fence somewhere ....

thanks for the comments...Keith
    richtersl wrote:
    #2. You have a very nice reflection in that one and the cottage is also positioned better in that one than in the others. You can even crop some from the top. Try it and see what you think.
    edited April 15, 2007
    Robert...
    I'm leaning toward your opinion, but still haven't made up my mind. Alas, today is pouring rain, so no chance to reshoot...just a chance to reconsider...

Regards...Keith
    Robert wrote:
    I like #3 best. #1 seems unbalanced and against general opinion, I don’t like the blue with those colours in the second one. Yep, it’s #3 for me.