Options

Hmmm....mac!!

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited February 7, 2005 in Accessories
Ok.. OK... I give up, 4 pc programs to do what I hear that IPHOTO can do on a mac!! And now after talking to dkapp... I may have to get a mac just for iphoto!! All I want is a program that dose nice menu's like ulead dvd creator 3.5 (that flickers my photos big time!!!) and the nice option that sony vegas has with the 5.1 surround sound.. but I will give up the 5.1 for no flickering photos!
So! here is the thing... for all the money im spending on pc programs I think i have spent the same for that mac that was talked about on the board.. so... I need feed back!!! do I buy a MAC for iphoto or keep trying for a good pc program.. I miss the old days... buy a program don't like then take back! Now you buy and can't return and the softwear companey's know this and I feel they no longer make a good program.... SHEEZE! look at microsoft!! If I had a penny for every pc crash that I have always had!!
sorry for the blah blah blah.... so should I get a MAC for IPHOTO?? Also can I take a make and loop it into a linksys computer network easy?? I would love to be able to transfer all pc photos to the mac and back to pc. I know it the old days you would run softwear on the mac to be able to do it.. how about today?headscratch.gif thank you for all the blah blah blah I have put in here!
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Here is a good resource from Apple about Mac/PC compatibility.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2005
    kewl i'll check it out now. TY!
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    recently converted
    once you go mac, you'll never go back lol3.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    should I get a MAC for IPHOTO??
    Yes. (and for other reasons too)
    Also can I take a make and loop it into a linksys computer network easy?? I would love to be able to transfer all pc photos to the mac and back to pc. I know it the old days you would run softwear on the mac to be able to do it.. how about today?headscratch.gif thank you for all the blah blah blah I have put in here!
    Yes.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2005
    Laughing.gif... ANDY! I have heard that you have really likes your MAC. That was a great link! I see the MAC works better in a pc word easyer then how it use to be... hmmm... may have to go.. but then hate to re buy all my pc stuff for the same in mac.. got over 120g in programs.. lol... just ps cs plugins will kill me
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2005
    Many software...
    Laughing.gif... ANDY! I have heard that you have really likes your MAC. That was a great link! I see the MAC works better in a pc word easyer then how it use to be... hmmm... may have to go.. but then hate to re buy all my pc stuff for the same in mac.. got over 120g in programs.. lol... just ps cs plugins will kill me
    ...manufacturers have both PC and Mac versions on the same disc.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    ...manufacturers have both PC and Mac versions on the same disc.
    some, not all.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    swilnerswilner Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    PC to MAC Software conversion
    Aaron: don't despair, many manufacturers will reissue you mac compatible programs if you swear to destroy the Pc versions. You should check around. I think Adobe will do this. Don't know about microsoft.

Steve
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2005
    I'll have to look into that but will worry more when the time comes... I think I want to get my 580 flash first :)
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    I think I want to get my 580 flash first :)

There is actually one for sale on dgrin. I think it went up today.

580EX with Free Shipping

Dave