Putting a picture on top of another?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited April 15, 2007 in Finishing School
How do I go about in PS CS2 putting one image on top of the other such that I can move around/change the size of the image on top?
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    I use a mac

After I open and Duplicate the photo, I drag another on top, then hit command "t" , to resize the images to go on top of the photo. Then you
    have to hit return to set the resize.

Do this for each photo you want to add.
    Remember the first photo you need to duplicate it.

:D
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • Roy MathersRoy Mathers Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    How do I go about in PS CS2 putting one image on top of the other such that I can move around/change the size of the image on top?
    Thanks,
    Richard

Open both images, then drag one on top of the other (if necessary, select all with Ctrl+A), then resize the top image with the transform tool. Make sure that the image to be re-sized in uppermost in the layer stack.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited April 15, 2007
    Take image 'A' and type CTRL-A, CTRL-C. (CMND-A and CMND-C for MAC users )

Then open your second image, 'B', and type CTRL-V -- CTRL-A selects the entire image, CTRL-C copys it to the clipboard, and CTRL-V pastes it onto the new image as a new layer in the Layers Palette

You will now have two layers in your Layers Palette with image A on top and image B on the bottom.

If the images are not the same size, you will need to type CTRL-T to allow you to use the free Transform tool to resize the image to match the lower image.

You can now do any of the usual blending modes to these two images.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    Clearly I am doing something wrong. All that happens when I do this is a clear rectangle goes on top of the image.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Take image 'A' Type ctrl-A, ctrl-C.

Then open your other image, 'B' and type ctrl-V

You will now have two layers in your palette with image A on top and image B on the bottom in the Layerrs Palette..

If the images are not the same size, you will need to type ctrl-T to allow you to use the free Transform tool to resize the image to match the lower image.

You can now do any of the usual blending modes to these two images.

Ah, that's what I was originally trying. Ctrl-T was my missing link. Thanks all!
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    You have the marquee tool probably selected, try selecting the move tool , next to the marquee.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net