20,000 Hits in one folder no sales

PuR HARTPuR HART Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited April 16, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
any suggestions are my prices to high?
need to make sales
so I can justify getting pro account
please any one help me out thanks alot
here is my site www.rmhstudios.com
how does the Hit counter work anyway. It seems to me that when i am logged in it is counting me also is this true?
All NEW) Canon 30D w/grip 17-55 2.8ISL, 70-200 2.8ISL,
Epson R1800 18 gigs of CF

Canon 20Dw/grip 50 mm f/1.8II Canon Pro 1- SIGMA EF 500 SUPER- Manfrotto 3021 & 322 RC2
FS: 17-85 4.0-5.6 & 70-200 f.4L

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    PuR HART wrote:
    any suggestions are my prices to high?
    need to make sales
    so I can justify getting pro account
    please any one help me out thanks alot
    here is my site www.rmhstudios.com
    how does the Hit counter work anyway. It seems to me that when i am logged in it is counting me also is this true?

I think you need to go back and look at your pricing again. You have 8x10 @ $$ but can get 8x12 significantly cheaper. Same is for 16x24 or 20x30 vs. 16x20. I think the large proof across the image hurts too. Either go without and just rt click protect, diable links, etc. or create your own personal watermark by useing the help tutorial.deal.gif

As far hits and no purchases- hard to say. ne_nau.gif I personally have only sold work to people I have shot specifically for or to those that heard about my work. There is a lot of great photos out there and alot of free stock photography.

Best of luck.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2007
    Who are you tring to sell to and what are you trying to sell? I only saw a few galleries, but it didn't seem clear to me what direction you were trying to go in.

For wedding stuff, the majority of hits will be people looking at the wedding much as they would a slide show or TV show. Not many are intending to buy photos or in otherwords they would not be a client anyway, but they may come back to you for other work or refer you.

If you want to go the stock route, you need to have better subjects and far more variety.

My advice would be to choose a direction to go in and specialize. In any event, hit counts mean nothing other than people are looking.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    eschradeschrad Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    Pricing
    As far as your pricing goes, it looks like you have set some custom pricing for select image sizes you want to make available. But you left blank the ones you didn't want to make available. What happened here is that smugmug filled in their default prices where you left them blank. If you don't want to sell 16x24s or wallets or the photo gifts, you have to put a $0 in the blank. That way it won't show up in the list.

And I am no expert, but your prices may be a little high. It would be one thing if you were selling them at art shows where they were matted, signed, and framed, but you are expecting someone to buy a digitally signed print for $40, $50, $100 and then they still have to pay for framing.

I also agree with the other poster that the large PROOF across your image is likely hurting things... I can't hardly see the image for the word. No one is going to be able to make a print from the small images displayed on smugmug anyway. Besides, you have right-click protection turned on, so get rid of the PROOF.

Finally, correct the spelling in your gallery name. It doesn't look good for a photographer to misspell "Photographic"!
  • Options
    PuR HARTPuR HART Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    thanks you guys for the tips i will look into those options the wedding stuff if for my new clients and the others is for my own art I guess I do need to think about what direction I am heading. thanks you guys and gals
    All NEW) Canon 30D w/grip 17-55 2.8ISL, 70-200 2.8ISL,
    Epson R1800 18 gigs of CF

Canon 20Dw/grip 50 mm f/1.8II Canon Pro 1- SIGMA EF 500 SUPER- Manfrotto 3021 & 322 RC2
    FS: 17-85 4.0-5.6 & 70-200 f.4L