Power User Questions

kmcgardenkmcgarden Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Well, I feel like an idiot because I can't figure out how to ask a new question without replying to someone else.

I haven't set up an account yet because I am trying to figure out if Smug Mug is going to work for me. I have been trolling the web in search of something that doesn't seem to exist which seems so weird to me. I am not a developer so I have to find the closest next best thing.

There is a site called fliqz that allows readers of a blog to upload a video right into the blog's tool were it can be stored and possibly reviewed and then posted for all to see, by the blog owner. I am looking for the same thing in a still photo application.

The idea is to use it sort of like a contest. I would like to invite family and friends to upload photos, in this case, to Smug Mug without having to set up their own account, it looks like that can be done at the Pro account level, correct? I want to then be able to download high resolution photos to my computer for editing so I can put together a publication using photos that others submit (of course after they agree to give me legal use of their photos).

Have you heard of an application that does this? If not what is the cheapest level of Smug Mug that will allow me to do this? I am a graphic Designer, not a photographer and I don't want to use my own photos. I need a central collection area for submitted photos that wont take up my own hard drive space.

What can you advise? Also, it would be great if I could have been able to figure out how to start a new thread with this info.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    kmcgarden wrote:
    Well, I feel like an idiot because I can't figure out how to ask a new question without replying to someone else.

I haven't set up an account yet because I am trying to figure out if Smug Mug is going to work for me. I have been trolling the web in search of something that doesn't seem to exist which seems so weird to me. I am not a developer so I have to find the closest next best thing.

There is a site called fliqz that allows readers of a blog to upload a video right into the blog's tool were it can be stored and possibly reviewed and then posted for all to see, by the blog owner. I am looking for the same thing in a still photo application.

The idea is to use it sort of like a contest. I would like to invite family and friends to upload photos, in this case, to Smug Mug without having to set up their own account, it looks like that can be done at the Pro account level, correct? I want to then be able to download high resolution photos to my computer for editing so I can put together a publication using photos that others submit (of course after they agree to give me legal use of their photos).

Have you heard of an application that does this? If not what is the cheapest level of Smug Mug that will allow me to do this? I am a graphic Designer, not a photographer and I don't want to use my own photos. I need a central collection area for submitted photos that wont take up my own hard drive space.

What can you advise? Also, it would be great if I could have been able to figure out how to start a new thread with this info.
    Welcome!
    Just click "new thread" in the SmugMug Support forum thumb.gif

I'll move this for you.