My dew drop reflection

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited April 18, 2007 in Holy Macro
Brian makes it look easy, but I tell you what its hard to get reflections like this in water drops. I think its a cabinetus brownemus growing in my kitchen that is being reflected.

EDIT: Image removed. See [url=htp://darphotos.smugmug.com]my gallery[/url] for images.

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Brian makes it look easy, but I tell you what its hard to get reflections like this in water drops. I think its a cabinetus brownemus growing in my kitchen that is being reflected.

rolleyes1.gifroflI swear i have cabinetus darkbrownemus somewhere is the house.

I love it!! Great shot and great reflection. I need to start practising with drop reflections!! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:

Hi David, yes Brian does make it look easy rolleyes1.gif annoying aint it rolleyes1.gif
    I have still not been able to get a good shot of a reflection either.

Keep trying you will get better at it, I am yet to see anyone who tries something new actually get worse at it.

You did good thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    Hey I have cabinetus brownemus too... is it contagious?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    Can someone put their house in a raindrop? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    wxwax wrote:

You'll need one hellofa raindrop. Perhaps, Lord and Dalan can manage that? ne_nau.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    You'll need one hellofa raindrop. Perhaps, Lord and Dalan can manage that? ne_nau.gif

I think Brian once said that it was possible -you'd need some distance between you and the house plus a bright sunny day.

Brian is so good at those shots that I haven't even started working on them yet. I don't like to copy someone else's work -I want the images I take to stand out. So I'd have to stop looking at Brian's photos for a while before I get into reflections / refractions -and I just can't stop looking at them bowdown.gif

As for the cabinetus brownemus; Can't you get a shot for that?! Seriously I like the photo, but you might want to try letting the drop hang from something so that's it bigger and rounder. Me thinks that's one of the things Brian looks for when he's shooting -the size and shape of the drop becomes important for getting the flower in the refraction...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, everyone.
    Dalantech wrote:
    As for the cabinetus brownemus; Can't you get a shot for that?! Seriously I like the photo, but you might want to try letting the drop hang from something so that's it bigger and rounder. Me thinks that's one of the things Brian looks for when he's shooting -the size and shape of the drop becomes important for getting the flower in the refraction...

Thanks for the advice.thumb.gif This was done more for experience with the lens than to get a great shot. In this case I was just using the macro to get different views from an Easter bouquet.
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    This was done more for experience with the lens than to get a great shot. In this case I was just using the macro to get different views from an Easter bouquet.

:cool -I do the same thing from time to time :)
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    Lovely refraction- certainly original :)
    Brian V.
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    wxwax wrote:

I actually have a house in a water drop---not that great of an image, but interesting anyway :D.

144787330-L.jpg

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Phil_LPhil_L Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Nice shot! :D