contest # 4

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I don't have an account with smugmug, yet and would like to know how to post the exif INFORMATION while using adobe CS (I know it's old)

Can one enter several contests (even if he/she win one of them)?

Sorry if these questions have been asked a millions times

BP:dunno
:photo

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    Yes, one can enter several times. Winning is a totally different subject mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    I don't have an account with smugmug, yet and would like to know how to post the exif INFORMATION while using adobe CS (I know it's old)

Sorry if these questions have been asked a millions times

BPne_nau.gif

Who do you have an account with? I'm not sure if the free accounts include the EXIF data or not. And when you attach the image, it does not include EXIF for sure...

If you let us know who you do use, maybe someone can tell you! :)
  • BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I don't have an account with anybody.
    I was just wondering if I could enter the contest # 4 about artificial or organic just using my old adobe CS? if yes. How do I post the picture with the exif info?

Thank you

BP
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I don't have an account with anybody.
    I was just wondering if I could enter the contest # 4 about artificial or organic just using my old adobe CS? if yes. How do I post the picture with the exif info?

Thank you

BP

It can't be attached without the EXIF (it gets stripped out when you attach - that's the nature of the message board software and can't be changed, that I know of) and you can't attach an EXIF without an account somewhere that allows you to keep that EXIF. At least, not that I'm aware of....

If you are pressed for $$, got to Flickr and sign up for a free account and post a shot there and see if you can still see the EXIF data or if they have a way to allow you to grab it. I don't know....

If you aren't pressed for money, I'd spring for the $35 the first year and get a SmugMug account... There are a lot of tutorials that show you how to attach the EXIF data from SM.

But I know you can't just attach the file - they need proof that the image has EXIF that's correct. (You may want to talk to the Mods, they may have a different answer for you.)

HTH!
    edited April 18, 2007
    Thank you.
    It's not the money it's the time to learn properly.
    I could have sworn that someone entered the contest simply by attaching. I was probably daydreaming about photography.

Never mind, then. Watching is kind of fun too

BP
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    How about a screenprint?
    There was an entry in LPS #3 that showed the entry photo and beneath the entry was an attached image of a screenprint that showed the photo and its exif information: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=524329&postcount=27

The screenprint came from smugmug but I see no reason why you can't do the same from your old copy of CS. But you may want to inquire about that to make sure. You'd have to insert two attachments and I believe this forum can handle that.

Just make sure your entry image is no more than 800 px in width (landscape) or height (portrait) and less than 150 kb in size.
    edited April 19, 2007
    YES, I've noticed that earlier.
    Thanks

BP