Options

I'm doomed...

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited February 1, 2005 in The Big Picture
Fishwife has been in bed with the flu since Sunday night. Fishgirl stayed home from school today with a sore throat and cough. Just got a call from the school nurse -- fishboy is complaining of a headache and sore throat. We were notified last week that the kids had been exposed to scarlet fever.

I am sooo doomed. :wxwax
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    I had to look that up fish...never heard of it here. Whilst fish wife is delirious...talk to her about lenses deal.gif Whats the go...shut the house up & sit it out ?

My old man still talks about me bringing mumps home from school 35 years ago & giving it to him right in the middle of a stinking hot summers harvest that he had to work day & night through for weeks to keep the crop. Wasnt the best of times he recons.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    gaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    fish wrote:
    Fishwife has been in bed with the flu since Sunday night. Fishgirl stayed home from school today with a sore throat and cough. Just got a call from the school nurse -- fishboy is complaining of a headache and sore throat. We were notified last week that the kids had been exposed to scarlet fever.

I am sooo doomed. umph.gif

and i spent 15 minutes talking to you on the phone yesterday. i hope i didn't catch it!

sorry to hear this fish.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    and i spent 15 minutes talking to you on the phone yesterday. i hope i didn't catch it!

sorry to hear this fish.

OOOOOOOO ... sorry fish.. corse.. you know you are next don't you..

thought you might like some light reading here :uhoh drink plenty of fluids.. including scotch or gin.. kills the germs.. well, thats my premise anyway 1drink.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I had to look that up fish...never heard of it here. Whilst fish wife is delirious...talk to her about lenses deal.gif Whats the go...shut the house up & sit it out ?

My old man still talks about me bringing mumps home from school 35 years ago & giving it to him right in the middle of a stinking hot summers harvest that he had to work day & night through for weeks to keep the crop. Wasnt the best of times he recons.
    I had mumps once.. looked like a chipmonk for weeks.. then chicken pox.. then measles (had to stay in the dark and not look out the window) then whooping cough.. never had scarlet fever tho.. but my mum did.. :uhoh
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    The Flu, Scarlet Fever, ETc. Fish how should I go about sterlizing that lense when I get it?:twitch
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I had to look that up fish...never heard of it here. Whilst fish wife is delirious...talk to her about lenses deal.gif
    I tried that...didn't work. In fact, I specifically mentioned a certain 300/f4 IS and she just looked away. umph.gif
    Whats the go...shut the house up & sit it out ?
    I want to open all the windows and air it out, but my typhoid mary's all have chills and want me to turn up the heat. WTF...it's almost 70F outside. I wanna go for a RIDE! I reckon I'll just cater to their every whims, and wait to come down with that crud myself. Just got back from the grocery store...yoghurt, grape juice, jello, fish sticks, soup...ugh. I sent an email to the boss this morning warning her.

No mumps or chix pox here yet.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    andy wrote:

sorry to hear this fish.
    You can't catch it over the telephone, dummy. But keep an eye on the mail for a petrie dish. :D
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    OOOOOOOO ... sorry fish.. corse.. you know you are next don't you..
    EFZ...hence my doom comment. :(
    drink plenty of fluids.. including scotch or gin.. kills the germs.. well, thats my premise anyway 1drink.gif
    ooo...i like the way you think! beer.gif better get a buzz going before I get too sick to drink. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    The Flu, Scarlet Fever, ETc. Fish how should I go about sterlizing that lense when I get it?:twitch
    I doubt the bacteria will live that long, but if you're seriously concerned, leave the caps on and shoot it lightly with lysol.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    lol I was just joking. I'm not worried I'll let the new office manager at work open the box. deal.gifevil
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2005
    lol I was just joking. I'm not worried I'll let the new office manager at work open the box. deal.gifevil

Just so you know...the souls of every person I shot with that lens are still in there. Hope you don't have nightmares. naughty.gif
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2005
    Best luck Fish.Just hope you dont have nighmares like Troy didrolleyes1.gif