Options

Stacey & Pam Photoshoot

djeckodjecko Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited April 18, 2007 in People
This was my first time shooting people formally. Luckily they are friends and were kind enough to pose for me.

Tell me what you guys think. C&C welcome.

Stacey

IMG_0325.jpg

staceycouch.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

Pam

Pamlegshanging.jpg

IMG_0296ed2.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I think #1 is the best...very nice! Nice light, nice angle, etc. Some of the others look a little soft (focus) to me. And I'm not sure about the color/white balance on them. But number 1 looks really good to me. Of course I always feel compelled to qualify my observations with the words "in my opinion"...because everyone seems to find different things they like or dislike...like the color, etc. All I can say is that for me, #1 works! :D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Hi, nice poses, angles and light :) Watch the skin tones. You are oversaturated IMO and the latter shots are very much too-red. A great reference:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/red-skin-tones
  • Options
    djeckodjecko Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Man I really need to get a new monitor.... I know exactly what your talking about. My screen isnt vibrant at all and all the images look really washed out on it before I edit them. I just looked at them on a different screen and they are definately Oversaturated a bit.

I noticed the red too i'll go back and re-work the whitebalance.

Thanks guys! :)
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I like 1, 3, and 5 the best, although a different 'look' on your friend's face in #5 would have made it better overall. Nice shots =).
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.