Refraction Attempt

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in Holy Macro
This is actually kind of fun to try. I am finding it hard to get the drop in focus while at the same time getting the image in the drop to be crisp.

At any rate - I kinda cheated on this. It's not 100% organic or 100% artificial. It's a bit of both. The refracted image is actually an artificial flower that was placed for convience. Besides a few dust spot removals this is SOOC.

Enjoy. Comments always welcome.

P.S. Brian...Hope you don't mind the style copying. I am quite intrigued at shooting macro right now. Your gift is certainly helping me learn.

EDIT: Image removed. See [url=htp://darphotos.smugmug.com]my gallery[/url] for images.

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I think it came out beautiful. Nicce reflection thumb.gif

Whatever happened the the happpy face? ne_nau.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I like it, but I think you're at a higher skill level with the camera so start working on composition now. IMHO once the "wow factor" is over that image is too centered...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    This is actually kind of fun to try. I am finding it hard to get the drop in focus while at the same time getting the image in the drop to be crisp.

At any rate - I kinda cheated on this. It's not 100% organic or 100% artificial. It's a bit of both. The refracted image is actually an artificial flower that was placed for convience. Besides a few dust spot removals this is SOOC.

Enjoy. Comments always welcome.

P.S. Brian...Hope you don't mind the style copying. I am quite intrigued at shooting macro right now. Your gift is certainly helping me learn.

Where's Nick to tell you it's centred rolleyes1.gif
    I tend to centre most of my work too, I don't know why but it usually ends up in the centre .... hence the personalized ICON Drgin have form me rolleyes1.gif

You did pretty darn good I'm sure you can improve on this too.
    Well done thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin