LPS4: Hearing Her Laugh

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm still mulling over ideas for LPS4. I have some ideas but tonight my oldest daughter and I were messing around and I shot this. My gut says it's not quite there, but the idea it presents is something I like.

144939837-L.jpg

Is the theme clear enough? Does it go beyond a cute kiddie shot? Does it pack any punch? I am a novice at PS (though I own PS Elements) but am always up for learning something new in regard to post processing techniques.

C & C encouraged.

Thanks!

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Sorry, but the theme does not shine through IMHO ne_nau.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    So if one was going to persue the whole artifical hearing aspect, do you have any suggestions? A hearing aid on its own isn't appealing, it's the ears behind it. Hmmm.
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:
    So if one was going to persue the whole artifical hearing aspect, do you have any suggestions? A hearing aid on its own isn't appealing, it's the ears behind it. Hmmm.

I agree, but I'd say that you need to start with being able to see the hearing aid on the child. I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out.
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif I didn't see the hearing aids either....I was too focused on her laughing face. Even with you mentioning them, they are difficult to discern. I think the idea is on track, you just need the right composition and visibility. thumb.gif
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    Minimally, you'll need to stop down enough to get the hearing aids in focus. To get that and any kind of reasonable shutter speed will require a lot of light for a shot framed this tight on the face. Try playing with early morning or late afternoon direct sunlight.

Aside from that, I don't normally think of a hearing aid as artificial hearing. However, if shot clearly directed my eye to the hearing aid, I'd get the point. I think you need to do more than take a picture of her visibly wearing hearing aids, you need to use light, framing or focus to draw attention to them. One place to look for inpriation for how to do this is iPod commercials.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    Thanks--I'll mull this over.