LPS#4, Anyone wanna give me feedback?

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please tell me if this makes any sense. In my brain, it's crystal clear...but sometimes what I'm thinking is as good as rubbish to everyone else.

Could a weed possess genuine beauty that would rival a prized flower?

144885275-M.jpg

Or does the simple fact that it is a weed render it false?

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I like the shot. However, I feel like I am missing what you are after. The questions you pose make no sense to me in the context of the photo or the theme. A dandelion is sometimes a weed, but always a flower. How does the question of whether the dandelion is a weed or a flower relate to how organic it is? Or are you somehow trying to say that the dandelion is artifical in some way?
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    I like the shot. However, I feel like I am missing what you are after. The questions you pose make no sense to me in the context of the photo or the theme. A dandelion is sometimes a weed, but always a flower. How does the question of whether the dandelion is a weed or a flower relate to how organic it is? Or are you somehow trying to say that the dandelion is artifical in some way?

I agree, the shot is great, but I just don't get the interpretation in light of the theme.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    pemmett wrote:
    I agree, the shot is great, but I just don't get the interpretation in light of the theme.

15524779-Ti.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    That's why I asked.

I was thinking along the lines of artificial, specificially bred prize flowers vs. organic naturally grown weeds as flowers. Or the other way around: flowers that are valued and created just for their organic and natural beauty, and weeds that are just beautiful by chance but still nothing but a weed.

Maybe my mind is just too complicated. rolleyes1.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    pepper44 wrote:

we're encouraged to think outside the box, but the winners typically hit the square nail on the head! :)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    pepper44 wrote:
    That's why I asked.

I was thinking along the lines of artificial, specificially bred prize flowers vs. organic naturally grown weeds as flowers. Or the other way around: flowers that are valued and created just for their organic and natural beauty, and weeds that are just beautiful by chance but still nothing but a weed.

You are thinking "outside the box" with that one, for sure. rolleyes1.gif

It's a lovely photo. But I think it's also going to go over the heads of the judges as far as this theme goes. ne_nau.gif