Options

What dreams may come.....

gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
edited April 20, 2007 in People
I retouched this image strictly using 3 different dodge and burn techniques. I'm starting to like the slightly desaturated look in my images.

What do you guys think?

Color
77398944.jpg

B&W
77398919.jpg
http://www.reverbphotography.com
Nikon D300
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
2 Alien Bees AB800
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Elinchrome Skyport Triggers

Comments

• Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I think this is quite interesting. i'm enjoying it... But I am very distract by the fact that her face is quite PSed and her shirt is very real.... You may want to do something to make them match a little more.

Gorgeous lady! :)
  • Options
    W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I am so not qualified (yet (have to be positive)) to comment on these great images.... Given the treatment I prefer the colour version.

Good job. I think I remember this being your wife from another post??? If so she must be loving the images, I would love to see the walls in your house, they must be packed with photos :D

Cheers.
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I think this is quite interesting. i'm enjoying it... But I am very distract by the fact that her face is quite PSed and her shirt is very real.... You may want to do something to make them match a little more.

Gorgeous lady! :)
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Your skin treatment is off, which I've mentioned to you before. It is about 50% too much, and unrealistic. If you do it on a seperate layer, reduce the opacity for desired effect - or, add some texture back using the texturizer filter on the most minimal settings for "sandstone".
  • Options
    slapshotslapshot Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I like it...I would call it the "Sin City" look, as in the movie, but a softer, nicer Sin City

I agree with photogmomma and would say go all the way with the look, everything is very stylized but the shirt, which looks realistic
  • Options
    p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    i agree with everyone else on the face matching the texture of the shirt. but i like where youre going with it, it looks really nice!