DPP color profile madness - I'm totally lost...

NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi!

Sorry for x-posting this from another forum, but I'm completly lost!

I don't know, I think my DPP installation is faulty, or DPP is bugged, or I just don't get it. I just can not control the color-profile in which DPP exports images!

I made a test with detailed screenshots, it would be great if someone could explain to me what is going on...

Here are my settings in DPP for the first test:
145006957-L.jpg

As you can see, I tried to make DPP use sRGB for exporting the image.
Here is the Image BTW:
145006951-L.jpg

I exported the testimage using these settings:
145006934-L.jpg

Now, I open the image in Photoshop CS2.
First, these are my color preferences:
145006936-L.jpg

So, I would believe that PS should open the file just fine. The file should be in sRGB, as is the default workspace in PS.

But, the following happens:
145006940-L.jpg

I get a warning that the color profiles don't match. The image has adobeRGB embedded!

So, I tested the same RAW file with different settings in DPP:
145006925-L.jpg

and

145006929-L.jpg

The result is always the same. Photoshop says, the embedded profile is AdobeRGB:
145006947-L.jpg

Even more fascinating is the fact that this behaviour is different to yesterday, where I would end up with different colors and the profile 'sRGB v1.31 (Canon)' embedded into every image, regardless of the settings.
I already searched the web, but it seems that noone is aware of this... :(

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited April 19, 2007
    Perhaps your camera is set to AdobeRGB, so there is an embedded profile before DPP ever sees it. ne_nau.gif
  • NordicNordic Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Perhaps your camera is set to AdobeRGB, so there is an embedded profile before DPP ever sees it. ne_nau.gif
    Thank you for your answer!

I SOLVED IT!! Or, someone on dpreview.com found my mistake:
    In DPP, you can override the global settings (=the ones that I made) with individual settings / image. I didn't know that you could do that at all.
    So, in this case, the image settings told DPP to use adobeRGB every time, no matter what I selected in the global options.

I could kick myself for overlooking that! yelrotflmao.gif