Options

Oh, I hope he doesn't move!

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited April 20, 2007 in Landscapes
We went to the Cantor museum at Stanford University. I'd never been to the second floor. While looking around, and snapping photos I saw this scene. I quickly clicked the shutter, then rethought, and reframed, and shot again. I was hoping the noise from my shutter wouldn't alert the man and make him change position. He didn't move, so I took a few more. Here he is...

145316098-L.jpg

When I got closer, he still hadn't moved. I wondered what he looked like, and as I came up along side him, he still didn't move. When I got to the front of "David" I realized he wasn't real, but an art installation. Certainly fooled me in the dimly lighted gallery, coming from behind! Laugh's on me. My only "excuse" is that I was totally in a photo taking zone of mood and really wasn't aware of my surroundings. Also the gallery was empty except for us. I suspect if I had entered through the other entry way and saw him face on I'd known he wasn't real after a second or two.

Comments

• Options
    djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    Still made for a great photo op. If you never tell, people will never guess.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    rolleyes1.gif

Great story! I never saw it coming, either, in your words. I too am very "in the zone" when taking photos and worrying that my subject will notice and break the mood.
  • Options
    Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    Great image.
    I wish he were real. Your story sounds like something i might doclap.gif
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    Funny story. I too get in a zone when I'm shooting-- the best is when you're working with a human subject and suddenly it's just you and them in the world. They're working it for the camera, you're encouraging them and even if other people are around, you don't know it-- sort of a photographic tunnel vision. This can be a little dangerous shooting on the street though-- cars and such might not be part of your tunnel vision but they're still deadly! It's best to have an assistant watching out in that kind of situation :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    Pretty cute story Dee! I would have done the same thing.......and then I would have looked around to see if I had been discovered!!! Fun shot. :saurora