viewing with firefox

smudgesmudge Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited April 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
hi all

ive had feedback that certain clients cant view the website i put together for my friends through firefox. I dont have firefox on my computer to be able to see if this is the case. :dunno

Please if someone who has firefox could please check this out, and advise me how to rectify this i would grately appreciate it. I know it works perfectly fine with all other browsers, its just firefox that apparently has the glitches.

thanking you for your time in advance.

regards

S :)

link is http://www.acsphotos.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    This doesn't belong in your customizations:

the photo people
    ****** name="verify-v1" content="0h3Tp50AOw2Iv+SeGAM2pL62IM7680VOIb6Fz+XDPvQ=" />

edited April 21, 2007
    Site's working fine in firefox... but you have some positioning to work on...

Uhm, by the way, did you know, that Firefox is free, just go to www.mozilla.com deal.gif
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited April 21, 2007
    I can see your site in both IE7 and Firefox. In firefox, your contact us page is pushed to the right side of the screen and the "telephone enquiries" info is displayed somewhat vertically instead of across the screen. I couldn't check your client galleries since they are password protected.

Is there some reason why you don't want to install Firefox? It's free, and it has some tools that can be used to help see what is going on with your smugmug site.

Here are the links to download Firefox and the web developer extension (I copied the links from Ivar's signature...):
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

--- Denise
  • smudgesmudge Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    This doesn't belong in your customizations:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>the photo people</TITLE>
    ****** name="verify-v1" content="0h3Tp50AOw2Iv+SeGAM2pL62IM7680VOIb6Fz+XDPvQ=" />
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>

Hi Andy

thats in there as its a code generated by google which since i added it to the site allows the search engine of google to work really well for the site. but the firefox problems have been happening since before that code was added.

any ideas why firefox isnt allowing certain clients to view the galleries please?

thanks

edited April 21, 2007
    smudge wrote:
    Hi Andy

thats in there as its a code generated by google which since i added it to the site allows the search engine of google to work really well for the site. but the firefox problems have been happening since before that code was added.

any ideas why firefox isnt allowing certain clients to view the galleries please?

thanks

It won't do anything there in the HEAD tag, sorry, and it could be causing problems elsewhere...

Please get firefox on your own, especially if you are making sites for other folks? Web Dev tool alone is a life saver. I can't imagine why you'd not use it :D

They could have a setting that disallows image, they could be blocking SmugMug with security software, there are lots of possibilities.... can you get more info?
  • smudgesmudge Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It won't do anything there in the HEAD tag, sorry, and it could be causing problems elsewhere...

Please get firefox on your own, especially if you are making sites for other folks? Web Dev tool alone is a life saver. I can't imagine why you'd not use it :D

They could have a setting that disallows image, they could be blocking SmugMug with security software, there are lots of possibilities.... can you get more info?

Thank you Andy and Denise for your prompt replies.

I did once try and download firefox and it made my laptop play up so in the end i had to uninstall it. It has therefore made me very warey to download it again ne_nau.gif

The site was a one off for some friends of mine its not something that i usually do. I can only go by the feedback that they give to me so i will find out what the specific problems are. Is there any other way i can rectify the problems that i need to put right with alingments in firefox without downloading it, or is downloading it again the only option please?

ive also put the headertag code back in, it was a meta tag created by google and i can honestly say that since its gone in the search results have improved.

many thanks again for your time and assistance