LPS #4 - Which do you prefer

DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited April 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
This isn't my original idea - unfortunately, that one is proving hard to execute (I haven't given up yet!)... in the meantime, I shot this today...

B&W or Color?

whonellie_bw.jpg

whonellie.jpg
Amy :D
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

Comments

• kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    Somehow the links are showing up for me headscratch.gif
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Now that is one funny looking artificial cow!:D I guess of the two, I like the black and white one better, I guess it's because the burn on the color really distracts me. Great conversion on black/white!
  • ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    I vote for color, it seems like the harsher shadows stand out less to me.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    I also vote for the color version. You can see more detail.
  • AuroraAurora Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    I'm also fond of the color version. Didn't notice the hammer on the hat at first...

I was also surprised to see the cow...there's one just like it here in AK. It used to be out front of a gift shop downtown...with pocahontas!

thumb.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    I like the color
    and the crazyness of this mwink.gif. How's it looked cropped at the right to get rid of some of those other distracting things over there...that way the fake cow can be more fake!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Thanks all...

I'm surprised more of you seem to like the color vs. the black & white... I'll definitely have to give this some more thought if my other idea doesn't pan out...
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor

• Annie222Annie222 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    ditto - I like the colour also
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    color
    I like the color version the best...

Winston
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    My vote goes to the color version aswell, better detail.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Color... It's cute, but I'm not sure the composition really grabs me. The lighting seems fairly harsh. I do like "Whoa Nellie" on the side.

I guess it comes down to that it fits the theme really well, but the photograph itself might not make a top 10 without significant refinement.
    Chris
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Color... It's cute, but I'm not sure the composition really grabs me. The lighting seems fairly harsh. I do like "Whoa Nellie" on the side.

I guess it comes down to that it fits the theme really well, but the photograph itself might not make a top 10 without significant refinement.

I don't at all disagree with you! To me, it's a cute shot, but I typically wouldn't have thought it contest material myself. I was out and about over the weekend on Eastern Long Island and came upon the cow, so I shot it quickly as a back-up to my original plan. I should have used some fill flash.

Looks like my original idea might come together after all, and I'm hoping to do the shoot tomorrow... *fingers crossed*