Options

Stalking the prey......

gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
edited April 22, 2007 in People
I don't really know how I feel about the whole tilt thing. I posted this cause I just got Adobe PS CS3 and was amazed at the new black and white conversion.

77525699.jpg
http://www.reverbphotography.com
Nikon D300
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
2 Alien Bees AB800
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Elinchrome Skyport Triggers

Comments

• Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    Pretty cool shot (and very pretty model). I've visited your gallery to see more but your interface does not play ball in Firefox past initial selection.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2007
    That's weird about the website, I use Firefox as my main browser and it seems to be working fine on my end.

Is anyone else having problems viewing my site? I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Alex
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    That's weird about the website, I use Firefox as my main browser and it seems to be working fine on my end.

Is anyone else having problems viewing my site? I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Alex

Cool Picture. and I love the angle. Site works for me in FF 2.0.0.3, too.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2007
    Anyone fully converted to Adobe CS3 yet? I'm slowly getting there, been using it for the last couple of days just playing around. I like the layout a whole lot better.

Lex
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    I've ordered CS3 and expect it next week.

As for your website, so you know what I am talking about: once I enter a gallery and small thumbnails appear at the bottom, no matter which one I click only the originally loaded photo stays displayed, everything else seems to be OK. I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.3
  • Options
    booboo Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Just so you know...
    As for your website, so you know what I am talking about: once I enter a gallery and small thumbnails appear at the bottom, no matter which one I click only the originally loaded photo stays displayed, everything else seems to be OK. I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.3

I have the same version of Firefox and I didn't have any trouble with it...
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Meh, the tilt is giving me a headache, and the pp isnt doing any better :P. It just looks too fake.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    On rare occasions, tilted shots work for me but most of the time they just make my neck ache since I can't keep from tilting my head to level the subject.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    Mike02 wrote:
    Meh, the tilt is giving me a headache, and the pp isnt doing any better :P. It just looks too fake.

Do you have any examples of your work that I can take a look at so I know what I should be looking for next time?

Thanks

Alex

Oh and Ibuprofen works wonders with headaches :)
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    Do you have any examples of your work that I can take a look at so I know what I should be looking for next time?

Thanks

Alex

Oh and Ibuprofen works wonders with headaches :)
    I wouldn't be such a smart-(aleck) if I were you... ;) your photography isn't that great so please stop complimenting yourself ;).

Although, if your skill in photography did surpass your skill to be full of yourself, I'm sure you'd be a great photographer! clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    I wouldnt be such a smart-(aleck) if I were you... ;) your photography isnt that great so stop complimenting yourself ;).

Although, if your skill in photography did surpass your skill to be full of yourself, I'm sure you'd be a great photographer!

Why don't you post your ever so perfect work then jackass. When did I ever "compliment" my own work? I've seen your "critiques" of other people's posts and safe to say "full of yourself" is more fitting in your end of the court there tiger.

I see your equipment list, pretty impressive stuff, you compensating for the lack of skill?

REGARDS

Alex
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    Why don't you post your ever so perfect work then jackass. When did I ever "compliment" my own work? I've seen your "critiques" of other people's posts and safe to say "full of yourself" is more fitting in your end of the court there tiger.

I see your equipment list, pretty impressive stuff, you compensating for the lack of skill?

REGARDS

Alex
    I dont take well to smart assed-ness. Please refrain from your tone and take a more appropriate one for our friendly forums sir :p.

"pretty impressive stuff, you compensating for the lack of skill? " No, but I bet with all these "do you like my photo posts?", you might be compensating for lack of something else ;).
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    Please refrain from your tone and take a more appropriate one for our friendly forums sir :p

That is priceless. wings.gif

SHOW YOUR WORK....... please!? rolleyes1.gif
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    I like the photo and the tilt doesn't bother me at all especially the way she posed. Must be nice to have such a beautiful wife to pose for you whenever you want to practicemwink.gif . I have seen numerous photos that you have taken of her and I like 99% of them. As for CS3 I haven't ordered mine yet but I am thinking seriously about it after reading some of the comments on DGrin. thumb.gif

Dave J.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    That is priceless. wings.gif
    As is your amateur work ;)

now please, before you post any more crap on here, go take a class on posing at your local community college, and stop making this forum a deluge of crappy photography.

Say whatever you want; I won't fall to your amateur level of trolling anymore.
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2007
    No, but I bet with all these "do you like my photo posts?", you might be compensating for lack of something else ;)
    It's a photosharing community there Jeb. It wouldn't be much of a photography website if there we're no photographs.

Have you seen who I sleep with at nights? I'm not compensating for anything sorry to say.

SHOW YOUR WORKwings.gif
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    That's a great image, I like it, and the tilt doesn't bother me, well done!

Charlie