Tribute to Angels

ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
edited April 22, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I am so upset about the Blue Angel crash in SC! :cry:cry:cry
I just recently saw them and i was just worried so much when they started to fly, i was hoping and praying the flight would be without any mishaps.
I was so upset about this crash i was crying.
I can't imagine pressure those guys indure during the flight. There is very little room for mistake.
My heart goes out to the family of the pilot, and people who got injured during the crash.

DSC_4738.jpg

DSC_4726.jpg

DSC_4661.jpg
Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    I am so upset about the Blue Angel crash in NC! :cry:cry:cry
    I just recently saw them and i was just worried so much when they started to fly, i was hoping and praying the flight would be without any mishaps.
    I was so upset about this crash i was crying.
    I can't imagine pressure those guys indure during the flight. There is very little room for mistake.
    My heart goes out to the family of the pilot, and people who got injured during the crash.

Hi ShepsMom, I wasn't aware that a tragedy had occurred till I read your post, then I looked on the web for a news clip.

Those guys are so precise in their manouvers, no room for error.
    Very sad indeed......

Thank you for sharing you tribute in memory of The Blue Angels.
    ....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Yes, they are a great bunch of guys and they go thru a lot of training. Sad about the incident. It was at Marine Corps Air Station in Beaufort, South Carolina. That is close to Hilton Head and between Charleston, S.C. and Savannah, Ga. I used to be stationed at MCAS Beaufort and have seen the Angels put on their show many times there. They do it every year. I have met a lot of them. They are really nice guys. It does bring tears to your eyes when something like this happens to one of them. We will have to keep them in our prayers.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Very sad indeed.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    I have seen them perform many times, they are amazing pilots and it is easy to forget that what they are doing is risky. It's a very sad day for my son and I - we were just talking about this year's airshow the other day and how the Blues were coming. Our thoughts are with the pilot's family and loved ones. :cry

25662462-L-1.jpg
  • ShasocShasoc Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Hi Marina. Thanks for posting this tribute to the Blue Angels. This is very nice of you. I live in Pensacola the "cradle of naval aviator" and home of the Blue Angels. It is very sad what happened yesterday. The pilot that just lost his life may not be a Blue Angel any more, but it will be an Angel for ever.
    I hope you don't mind, but I would like to join the tribute with a couple of shots I took at their last show here in Pensacola.
    Thanks again.

Socrate

143439706-L.jpg

143307179-L.jpg
    Socrate
    "Natura artis magistra"
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2007
    Of course you can join in!! Thanks to everyone who did. You're right, he'll be an Angel with Angels watching over him. iloveyou.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8