lala (or Twinky Winkey)-4

willowcreekwillowcreek Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited February 3, 2005 in People

Comments

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    Needs more purple and a purse. nod.gif

Does that chick ever smile?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    I think she needs to relax a bit. It looks like she is trying to hold her eyes open as wide as possible. She has lovely eyes, but they would look better relaxed. Her whole face looks very stiff and unnatural. Hope I'm not being too blunt, but that's how I see it. It's OK to not smile, but she could drop her chin a bit and look up slightly as if daydreaming - to show off the eyes. Ask her to think happy thoughts and relax her lips. She is very beautiful and you've got the lighting right. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 3, 2005
    I'll echo some of the other comments... lower the chin, soften the pose, drop the gaze bottom right (more demure pose) her eyes match her dress which is great but in this shot all you see is the flare of the light.
    From a stylist's perspective... lose the pearls and if you're going to stay with this hairstyle, replace the tiny hoop earrings with small studs, or remove them completely. Brush through the hair more for evenness.
  • willowcreekwillowcreek Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    I think she needs to relax a bit. It looks like she is trying to hold her eyes open as wide as possible. She has lovely eyes, but they would look better relaxed. Her whole face looks very stiff and unnatural. Hope I'm not being too blunt, but that's how I see it. It's OK to not smile, but she could drop her chin a bit and look up slightly as if daydreaming - to show off the eyes. Ask her to think happy thoughts and relax her lips. She is very beautiful and you've got the lighting right. thumb.gif
    Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I appreciate bluntness, especially when your serious. I am serious about photography and I post here not to show off, but to get real opinions and tips from people who have been around it longer than I have.

Thanks again, I listen...
  • willowcreekwillowcreek Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I'll echo some of the other comments... lower the chin, soften the pose, drop the gaze bottom right (more demure pose) her eyes match her dress which is great but in this shot all you see is the flare of the light.
    From a stylist's perspective... lose the pearls and if you're going to stay with this hairstyle, replace the tiny hoop earrings with small studs, or remove them completely. Brush through the hair more for evenness.
    Thanks again Angelo. I see your points.