Options

Batteries: Rebel/D20

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 2, 2005 in Accessories
Can we use the same battery, the 511 in both, or do we have to use the 511A only in the 20D. I am charging the 511A.

I went to the cheap battery place, and they said their 511 will work with the 20D in addition to the Rebel. I have two of those, but I am afraid to put them in and blow the camera up. Has anyone done that?

hehe, or does anyone know the answer, if so would he/she please tell me?

thanks, ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    I use both my battery from the DR and the 20D in my battery grip for my 20D. No problems
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    Same voltage, different mAh. Should be fine.
    Richard
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Can we use the same battery, the 511 in both, or do we have to use the 511A only in the 20D. I am charging the 511A.

I went to the cheap battery place, and they said their 511 will work with the 20D in addition to the Rebel. I have two of those, but I am afraid to put them in and blow the camera up. Has anyone done that?

hehe, or does anyone know the answer, if so would he/she please tell me?

thanks, ginger

no worries, dear.
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    Yep!
    And...

They charge fast and last forever. thumb.gif

Cudos Canon! clap.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    They're compatible, but the 511A lasts longer, imho. The 20D is so easy on batts anyway, that as long as you've got a couple of any flavor around, you'll be just fine.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson