Options

My Flag... Let me show it to you.

i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
edited April 23, 2007 in Landscapes
I'm a newbie in every respect of the word. This is my second trip out with the D70. I'm not sure how to pair up the EXIF data with a JPEG. Commentary is desperately needed...
I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
~Herbert Keppler

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    I'm a newbie in every respect of the word. This is my second trip out with the D70. I'm not sure how to pair up the EXIF data with a JPEG. Commentary is desperately needed...

wave.gif

Your photo has potential, but IMO its not quite there.

Your black and white background has no depth to it - it is essentially midtoned grey. The angle of the flagpole is distracting to me. It looks like its going to fall over. The flag looks washed out - overexposed - especially on the right portion.

I did somewhat of the same thing here: http://darphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/2349482#124690260-L-LB

It's not perfect, and I'm sure others have done a lot better, but perhaps it gives you some ideas. Can you reshoot and/or reprocess? Post more!!
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Thanks for the great example. Well, part of the problem is that this is a $50 flag pole with a $15 3x4' flag that actually is leaning out beside my parents house. I wasn't quite pleased with the background either, but it was the best I could work out in fireworks (I don't have a copy of PS on my home machine), and I'm sure something was lost on the conversion from RAW to JPEG (it's only encoded at 81 or something for dgrin space requirements.) I'll piddle some more and get back to you. Thanks!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler