LPS#4 what do you think

speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited April 23, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
im not sure how people will feel about these so that is why i am asking for some feed back.

146103726-L.jpg

im not sure of what i would call it but here is the story. this is a reflection of a church and the shadow of a statue however it could very well be of people so there is were organic comes in. or the fact that it is a reflection off from water.

146103748-L.jpg

i was taking photos of street lights (maybe refletion of them) out of focus. my gf wanted to leave but i kept taking photos so she desided to get in the way. that is when i notice that her nose was taking off part of each light. not sure what i would call it either but i dont know if poeple would see how these fit.

any feed back is welcome

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    To abstract
    I'm not to sure either one fits the theme... The second one looks like the old PacMan video game... The shadow on the first one is distracting and doesn't really look like anything... sorry

Winston
  • speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    i get how you may not like them but i dont really see how it does not fit the theme. owell anyone else

(not sure how people dont see that it is a person leaning on one arm but..)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    My attempt
    To identify the theme through these shots........didn't happen. I purposely did not read your explanations so the photos would stand on their own....they didn't. I see neither organic or artificial here. Just my take.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    hi,
    I can tell that they are figures in your reflection. I have to tell you, the first time I looked at your photos, I hadn't read your comment, and I didn't realize your photo was a reflection. What an incredible reflection that is, so smooth. However, not knowing it's a reflection without your description, it looks like camera shake or out of focus. I'm not so sure the challenge themes come out real strong in these. That second one is a neat abstract. I saw the nose right off. It reminds of the 70s. Have fun with the challenge.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited April 23, 2007
    Thank you for the comments, neither of these are working so how about this one (then i will have to go re-shoot)

146209032-L.jpg
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    I'm not getting artificial or organic out of these...

Most importantly, try to get something in focus!
    Chris
    edited April 23, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I'm not getting artificial or organic out of these...

Most importantly, try to get something in focus!
    focus is not always the most important thing... to many people are way to stiff and should look at things outside of the box. making general statments can make you look dumb

you may get somthing you like that does not look like anyone could have shot it

pps: i know how to focus and take pretty good photos so the tud is not needed
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    pps: i know how to focus and take pretty good photos so the tud is not needed

No tud was implied... just trying to look at it as a judge would. If it's what you intended, then that's okay. These particular shots just don't work for me. Except for the abstract of the lights (which is pretty cool), they just look OOF.
    Chris
    edited April 23, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    No tud was implied... just trying to look at it as a judge would. If it's what you intended, then that's okay. These particular shots just don't work for me. Except for the abstract of the lights (which is pretty cool), they just look OOF.

sorry i could not tell from how you said it. non of them are meant to be all that sharp. the first one is a reflection off from water so it could not ever look very sharp. the duck one could be sharper but i thought it almost added to a dreamy sort of look how the water has so many reflections.

i will try again before the end of the contest and see what i can get